General Category > GS-911 Wifi

Endless "unable to connect, retrying" messages

(1/2) > >>

Motormike:
New user.  Subject line says it all.  Not happy with my new $400 paperweight.  2016 R1200gs.

schuppi:
Hello

Thank you. Nice first post with too little informations 8)

Did you read the hex-code manual ? downloaded the WIFI utility ?
Please try to connect your brand new GS911 and your bike with the included
USB cable.
>setting the software via settings
> Connection via USB

Motormike:
Yes, I did ALL that.  The GS-911 "beeps" like it has been recognized.  I can usually pull up the model list and select 1200LC, but that's as far as it gets. When I try to do any diagnostics, scan, etc. all I get are multiple "unable to connect, retrying 1, retrying 2, retrying 3, etc.

schuppi:
Hello

I think, pictures of your WIFI utility settings and GS911 setup will be helpfull 8)

Motormike:
Spent another hour messing with it, to no avail!!! >:(. I'm using a windows lap top with the supplied cable.  No bluetooth.  The device registers on the task launcher, I can launch the web browser page, select the proper bike (2016 1200gs LC) and get as far as the functions page.  As soon as I click on a function (like ECM, or special functions) it immediately shows a "disconnected" "retrying" message and the battery voltage indication (which did show 12.4 volts with the bike on) drops to --.  That's it.  No amount of retries or reboots, relaunches or re-starts makes any difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version