Author Topic: Innovv K2  (Read 3819 times)

maxhdrm

Innovv K2
« on: August 28, 2020, 01:11:45 AM »
Thinking of getting a Innovv K2 motorcycle camera setup  for my r1250gs.  The Innovv unit connects directly to the battery through its 12/5v converter for power and it has a “trigger” wire that is suppose to be spliced into a switched lead to tell the unit when to turn on and off.
My ezCan ports are all used, 2 for led lights, 1 for a aux rear brake light and one port for a Garmin 360LT gps unit mounted on the handle bar.
My question is can I connect the “trigger” wire to the same port as my gps unit (have both use the same hexCan port)?  The gps unit gets its power through the ezCan.
Anyone tried this or know if it’s possible?

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
Re: Innovv K2
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 09:50:22 AM »
hi Maxhdrm

where are you based?  might be able to make another plan...

that said, in the next release (imminent) - expecting the 1st week of September - there will be functionality that will work great with the INNNOV, as in that the control/data wire (the 3rd wire in the connectors that is not Vbat of Ground) will simulate the Ignition switch of the bike, , i.e then you can set the timeout of the accessory output to 45seconds before the Vbat drops from the output (i.e. gives enough time after ignition trigger goes low for the camera to save all files etc before power is dropped to it too)

in your current setup, you could use a splitter on the accessory output (we intend to have some 1:2 and 1:4 splitters available soon) and just connect the whole camera to an ezCAN plug (that is with the Sept release software)

for now, to answer your question, you could very well connect the yellow trigger wire to the Vbbat output of your accessory output

best
Stephan
currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

maxhdrm

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 05:44:24 AM »
Stephen,
Thanks for the help!  I am in San Diego, where we can ride all year round!    It’s good to know I have options! When you say next release, is that a firmware update or a new ezCan itself?  How will I know when the splitters are available and where do I get them?
Thanks!

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 11:27:23 PM »
It’s good to know I have options! When you say next release, is that a firmware update or a new ezCan itself?
all software  ;D

How will I know when the splitters are available and where do I get them?
Best is to register your ezCAN and subscribe to our newsletter - I will make sure info goes out on news letters!

best
Stephan
currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

maxhdrm

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 09:13:20 PM »
I think I am registered (I have a ezCan and a GS-911wifi) and signed up for the newsletter!