Author Topic: November 2023 Software and Firmware updates  (Read 4163 times)

GS Jim

Re: November 2023 Software and Firmware updates
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2023, 12:21:08 AM »
USB to computer also and good wifi to router/gateway. After addressing battery voltage (new charger) grips and indicator coded fine but not TFT.
I'll see if I can find some time today and try again, maybe the cloud is in a better mood today.
Are there different versions of the XKOMBIHI ?

GS Jim

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2023, 03:50:47 AM »
So got the sport screen coded, added then removed lap timer screen. Set different start up screen (tried a couple). The main screen looks different, swoopy tach bar and different highlight colours.The actual sport screen is one page down and can not be used while having wonder wheel control of the Nav as would be nice.

Changed the alarm arm delay to 90 seconds, and now there is no arming tone. I tried everything I could think of to get it back (except leaving it alone) and no dice, it won't tone on arm or disarm. Lights flash (twice arm, once disarm) and it does work as I tested it. The warning tone prior to siren works.
There is no tab to restore coding like on the sport screen, is this a oversight?
Maybe the beta testing missed this.

SportsCruiserAdventurer

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2023, 10:15:02 AM »
Any idea how to override or get the voltage to 12.5V? I have a battery tender, even set it up for cars mode and I can't seem to get it to 12.5V and keep it there. Cheers

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2023, 03:19:45 PM »
What is the make/model of the Tender ?, it will come down to either its power capability or the voltage it is set for

GS Jim

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2023, 06:07:19 PM »
I have a few Battery Tender and Optimate chargers but they are only good for maintaining the batteries as they only put out 750-800 ma and don't come close to keeping the voltage up when the key is on while using the GS911. The charger I use then is a 2/4/8 amp microprocessor controlled one set at 4 amp max setting. It varies the charge rate and keeps the battery at required voltage during GS911 use.

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2023, 09:48:30 AM »
Any idea how to override or get the voltage to 12.5V? I have a battery tender, even set it up for cars mode and I can't seem to get it to 12.5V and keep it there. Cheers

Start the function with the engine running, then you can kill it. It only checks the voltage once, but do make sure to keep things on a charger while coding.  ;)

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2023, 09:54:18 AM »
I'll see if I can find some time today and try again, maybe the cloud is in a better mood today.
Are there different versions of the XKOMBIHI ?

Thanks for the patience with the cloud issues everyone. Indeed there are different versions (specifically firmware versions) of the XKOMBIHI. We unfortunately did not pick up all the limitations in beta testing. We limit access to some older firmware, but some issues went unnoticed. Luckily we were able to make it work with the older firmware versions and enable the features so you guys can run the sports screen in the mean time until you get the updates from BMW!  8)

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2023, 09:58:54 AM »
There is no tab to restore coding like on the sport screen, is this a oversight?

Code Recovery will be coming with the first cloud update in the new year.

We take all the back-ups and we do auto restore of the last working configuration if coding gets interrupted or otherwise the controller is left with fault codes.
The final step, which is nice to have but strictly necessary for safe and functioning coding, is to expose all backups for self selected restore for these newly added controllers.

Wilco

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2023, 10:11:46 AM »
Changed the alarm arm delay to 90 seconds, and now there is no arming tone. I tried everything I could think of to get it back [...]

I want to revisit the way the XDWA coding is presented in the new year too, but let me explain at least for now.

On the first screen you see:
"Select which coding categories to enable. This will override any possible alarm settings done directly on the instrument cluster."

Here you need to enable
"Arm/disarm tone"
If you disable it here then the next screen settings won't affect the functioning of the tone and you need to set it directly on the cluster.

Screen two you have separate options:
"Arm tone"
"Disarm tone"
If you enabled coding for tone on screen one you can enable one or both tones here. Let me know if you've run through all possible configurations and I'll have a look at your coding backups to see if anything obvious is different in your first configuration.

GSIan

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2023, 03:01:29 PM »
Hi, I've only just gotten around to trying out some of these new functions. Ive done the Sport screen, heated grip steps and the tail light as a running light on my R1250GSA 2023. All work ok, but with he sport screen with the BMW connected app active, I get a speed display of 48mph even when I haven't moved anywhere. Sorry if this has been discussed before, just can find it if it has. Is there a solution?

I've tried a few other things like rear comfort lights and etc but disabled them again to stop confusion.

colhay70@yahoo.co.uk

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2023, 06:18:41 PM »
Hi, I thought I would try to change to sport screen and M start up screen on my 2018 gs1200LC TFT. I get a message "the firmware version of this controller does not support coding". I have updated the GS911 using the utility but still get the same message. Am I missing something or is my bike software too old?
GS911 connected to laptop via usb and laptop on phones hotspot.
Thanks for any info

GS Jim

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2023, 06:57:53 PM »
On the first screen you see:
"Select which coding categories to enable. This will override any possible alarm settings done directly on the instrument cluster."

Here you need to enable
"Arm/disarm tone"
If you disable it here then the next screen settings won't affect the functioning of the tone and you need to set it directly on the cluster.

Screen two you have separate options:
"Arm tone"
"Disarm tone"

I have the arm/disarm tone enabled on both screens and on the TFT settings but no tone and also no warning tone that the alarm is going to go off. Also does not tone when manually arming with fob, just one indicator flash for "disarm" two for "arm" and three for "already armed"
I tried a couple of different arm delay times and they work correctly, double flash when armed (and no tone  :'().
All other codings seem to work fine, tested the indicator cancel on accell and worked well, I like that. Didn't test the other features on the indicators as the insurance is off now and I can only hit 3rd gear in my driveway.

peters1krr

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2023, 12:43:32 AM »
I have the newer OBD WiFi GS911 and have been very happy with it until the recent updates.

The problems I am encountering since the firmware and app updates:

1) Cannot P2P from the web browser on a mobile device (Samsung Note 10 and S23U), WiFi connects but cannot open GS911 page (10.0.0.1) error message on browser "connection timed out" but it works on my Apple phone so probably compatibility issues?

2) I have the consumer license and now am bring prompted to purchase a PRO license, I have no need or intent on upgrading my license

3) When re-installing the older Windows app to active my 2nd BMW motorcycle VIN the app is prompting me to upgrade

I need the real old versions of the applications for Windows and not the ones prompting upgrades

I need my old firmware and app to downgrade

I have 9 available VIN's under my consumer license which I cannot now install which makes this GS911 a BRICK!