General Category > GS-911 Wifi

New GS911 user, using secondhand GS911

(1/1)

madmax:
Hi all, My partner and I own 2 R-series bikes. She owns a 2000 R1200c and I have a new 2020 R1250RS
I bought off a mate his GS911, he only had one bike connected to it, his R1200RT which he has since sold.
It is the older unit with the 10pin round plug and I have bought the adapter lead for the OBD2 connector.
At this point in time I have left it registered in his name.
First question; if I change the registration do I get charged for a new licence?
Second question; I connected it to my partners bike, there was no prompt for the vehicles VIN? Doing a autoscan it failed to read the VIN  ???

schuppi:
Hello and welcome

This may help >
 https://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/support/faq/how-do-i-update-my-registration-details/view?searchterm=registration

Second > automatically VIN reading for models later 2004
Models with older Motronic control units do not store VIN.

WayneC:
Is the GS911 the older yellow one or a red GS911 Wifi ?, if it is the older yellow one it will not be able to be used on your 2020 model

madmax:

--- Quote from: schuppi on August 13, 2020, 12:18:51 AM ---Hello and welcome

This may help >
 https://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/support/faq/how-do-i-update-my-registration-details/view?searchterm=registration

Second > automatically VIN reading for models later 2004
Models with older Motronic control units do not store VIN.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your reply. I understand where and how to update the registration. I just wanted to know if there was a licence fee involved.

madmax:

--- Quote from: WayneC on August 13, 2020, 03:16:37 AM ---Is the GS911 the older yellow one or a red GS911 Wifi ?, if it is the older yellow one it will not be able to be used on your 2020 model

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your reply.
It's the Red unit with the older 10pin plug. I have had it read the R1250RS ECU

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version