Author Topic: New feature requests for ezCAN ?  (Read 19726 times)

BradB

Re: New feature requests for ezCAN ?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 12:26:50 AM »
A garage door opening method would be utilized by MANY people. That would be great!

MCMXCIVRS

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2020, 04:36:01 AM »
I wanted to use one of the circuits to power a plug for connecting a battery charger. Is there any chance an always on option could be done for this use?

CarliltoGR

• Beta testers
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2020, 04:38:14 AM »
Is it possible to make a third wire an option to control the second inputs for dual colored running light/turn signal units? Right now, I would have to use all four outputs to properly have the running lights going and have turn signal input. But, if the third wire was an option, that would reduce that requirement down to two! Awesome product.

andrew0X

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2021, 01:00:06 AM »
I would need to be able to reverse the duty cycle status of the brightness modulation because the spotlights I bought work reverse, that is, when I set the spotlight to the minimum (10%) it actually goes to the maximum and when I set it to 90% it goes to the minimum. At 100% and 0% they simply turn off

The second thing: the new BMW GS use the gyroscope for ABS, traction control and to have a log of the degrees of inclination in the app.  would it be possible to use gyro information to make cornering lights?

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2021, 12:53:21 AM »
A garage door opening method would be utilized by MANY people. That would be great!
watch this space...  ;D
that said.. I will start a new thread on what remotes people are using...
currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2021, 12:54:50 AM »
I wanted to use one of the circuits to power a plug for connecting a battery charger. Is there any chance an always on option could be done for this use?
not for charging the battery.. very different when you reverse power flow... BMW has done that and has had (and still has) years of headache with that...
currently riding:

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2021, 12:57:08 AM »
Is it possible to make a third wire an option to control the second inputs for dual colored running light/turn signal units? Right now, I would have to use all four outputs to properly have the running lights going and have turn signal input. But, if the third wire was an option, that would reduce that requirement down to two! Awesome product.
hmmm - wait let me understand the request..
i) you have a running light with turn signal, right?
ii) thus 3 wires, one for ground obviously, one for running light and one for turn signal?

best
Stephan
currently riding:

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2021, 12:58:35 AM »
I would need to be able to reverse the duty cycle status of the brightness modulation because the spotlights I bought work reverse, that is, when I set the spotlight to the minimum (10%) it actually goes to the maximum and when I set it to 90% it goes to the minimum. At 100% and 0% they simply turn off
hmm - what lights do you have?

The second thing: the new BMW GS use the gyroscope for ABS, traction control and to have a log of the degrees of inclination in the app.  would it be possible to use gyro information to make cornering lights?
hold my beer - watch this space...  ;D
currently riding:

CarliltoGR

• Beta testers
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2021, 01:40:22 PM »
hmmm - wait let me understand the request..
i) you have a running light with turn signal, right?
ii) thus 3 wires, one for ground obviously, one for running light and one for turn signal?

best
Stephan

Yup, that is exactly what I'm referring to! Or for in the case of the US version of the S1000RR, you could wire up aftermarket dual color lights that act as brake lights or turn signals. And yes, I have fashioned it to and 2020 S1000RR. I used the ez-CAN model that was for the S1000XR and it just worked.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 02:22:26 PM by CarliltoGR »

ToTal

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2021, 06:13:48 PM »
Can you add a delayed power delivery feature like the PDM60 has? So we can delay the power that goes to accessories like gps and cell phone charging, extra lights, etc while the bike is being started so all the power goes to starting the bike?

BasvandePavert

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2021, 06:08:00 PM »
Can we have a delay function so aux lights come on only AFTER THE ENGINE HAS STARTED? This saves battery power for starting and you can have the ignition ON without aux lights

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2021, 01:36:39 AM »
Can you add a delayed power delivery feature like the PDM60 has? So we can delay the power that goes to accessories like gps and cell phone charging, extra lights, etc while the bike is being started so all the power goes to starting the bike?
Already on the Todo list - the accessory/ignition channel will remain powered, but high consumption channels like AUX lights, heated gear etc will be disabled until the engine is running..
currently riding:

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2021, 01:38:59 AM »
Can we have a delay function so aux lights come on only AFTER THE ENGINE HAS STARTED? This saves battery power for starting and you can have the ignition ON without aux lights
indeed - already on the short term dev plan - along with a follow-me-home feature after ignition is switched off (selectable of course)
currently riding:

Nick V

• Beta testers
  • A uia, scientia
    • Technical writing/videography portfolio:
Rear running light/brake light, functioning as rear fog light?
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2021, 08:53:54 AM »
Not sure how this might go down in terms of street legality for motorcycles, but here I go, anyway.

If an ezCAN power circuit is set to control a particularly bright rear running light/brake light, why not add a function that would allow that light to be switchable 'on the fly', allowing it to act as a rear fog light?

I'm sure this would go down particularly well with other long-distance endurance riders. We don't (usually) get to choose the weather conditions we ride in... and a light configuration like this could literally save someone's skin.
Automotive diagnostic technician, technical writer, technical trainer, videographer.

'13 R1200GS LC (ezCAN equipped)
'11 Hexhead special (under construction; ezCAN equipped)

10-pin GS-911 USB+Wi-Fi, Professional licence

AdvThor

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2021, 08:28:11 PM »
Saw your reply on the request for a 5V output, but still like to add the request. 5V has many uses, and I am guessing you might already have it internally for the USB? I would specifically like to have it for the INNOVV dashcam, a simple connector could replace their power supply.

Another useful thing would be a programmable panel, or maybe just some LEDs, to indicate what circuits (lights) are on.