Author Topic: New feature requests for ezCAN ?  (Read 19704 times)

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
New feature requests for ezCAN ?
« on: August 06, 2020, 12:35:37 PM »
What would you like it to do?

What new models/brands would you like to see supported?

This is the thread to list them!

best
Stephan

currently riding:
    BMW F850GS Adv - slightly modified
    HD Pan America - development bike for ezCAN

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
Re: New feature requests for ezCAN ?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 01:50:23 PM »
1. more outputs !
    - Coming!  4x low power outputs will be available in the near future
2. dedicated button or buttons for controlling lights
    - Coming!  new optional buttons will be available in the near future
3. mobile App to configure the ezCAN and make changes on the fly
    - Coming!  new optional bluetooth stub that will allow the ezCAN to communicate with both iOS and Android apps
4. Innovv K2 Dashcam integration
    - Coming!  new firmware that will control the 3rd pin on the Accessory connector to mimic the bike's ignition switch, that way you can connect the red, black and yellow wires from the Innovv, directly to one of the ezCAN outputs - super-EZ install!
5. KTM bad fuel (80 Octane) & ABS/MTC dongle
    - Coming! if you have an ezCAN for your KTM, you will soon have the KTM Bad Fuel/ABS dongle functionality -

what about:
  - garage/gate remote control?
  -  ?
currently riding:

abdullah

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 07:11:20 AM »
thats really great update i hope comming very soon

also i would like to request to
1) make new configuration profile for more light if bike for examle have 3 pair
2) make a muliple daisy chained unitd able to talk to each other for upgrading / configuration / etc
3) able to configure voltage to variable voltage for some accessories use 5v such as usb, 7.2v or 9v for heated gear
4) able to control heated gear power but i am not sure if this feture can be done throw mobile app

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 05:59:16 PM »
thanks for the feedback!

why would you require 3 or more pairs of lights controlled separately... nothing stops you from making all four channels Aux Lights - could be a combo of AUX 1 and AUX 2 or all AUX 1 or all AUX2

2) make a muliple daisy chained unitd able to talk to each other for upgrading / configuration / etc
that's not possible in the current version as each ezCAN is configured through USB... but... if you have a Bluetooth app, it might be set up to talk to all the ezCANs you have...

3) able to configure voltage to variable voltage for some accessories use 5v such as usb, 7.2v or 9v for heated gear
The ezCAN only switches the bike's battery voltage.. but that's what the accessory output is for.. there are a gazillion and one 12v to USB converters available..
you mention specifically for heated gear... I'm pretty sure all heated gear works off the bikes 12V supply, except the ones that work off LiPo battery packs... I'm still confused what the 7.2V and 9V would be used for - could you elaborate or show us examples / links of such products?

4) able to control heated gear power but i am not sure if this feture can be done throw mobile app
this is almost available  ;D the next version Public release for ezCAN supports Heated Gear.   Subscribe to our newsletter on the hexezcan.com and get a. notification as soon as new features are released!

best
Stephan
currently riding:

Raymond

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 06:19:50 PM »
1. Tether the usb plug, its very easy to lose given its so small and difficult to hold
2. Rather than USB connection how about Blue Tooth or Wifi connection method?
Thank you.
The verification codes is dumb. I own a BMW r1200rt and r1250rt! I don't know how many numbers the VIN is for GS 911 since I don't own one! If this is the method needed to post every time its a pain in the ass and won't participate. Great product dumb forum posting method.

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 06:46:40 PM »
1. Tether the usb plug, its very easy to lose given its so small and difficult to hold
Sure, we have that on our list - but rest assured the actual connector is waterproof - hence does not strictly need the rubber plug

2. Rather than USB connection how about Blue Tooth or Wifi connection method?
this was specifically NOT done in theGEN-I and GEN-II as it changes the E-type approval requirements..
..however,.. watch this space  ;)

The verification codes is dumb. I own a BMW r1200rt and r1250rt! I don't know how many numbers the VIN is for GS 911 since I don't own one! If this is the method needed to post every time its a pain in the ass and won't participate. Great product dumb forum posting method.
Well, good catch - we missed that!  firstly this ahs been a GS-911 forum for many many years.. and we only just added the ezCAN playground... unfortunately we do need some verification methods.. we were getting way too many unsolicited SPAMs, not to mention bots etc..  Will look into making it more ezCAN friendly!
oh and consider a GS-911wifi - some pretty cool functionality and soon some super realtime displays...
currently riding:

TurnipTree

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 08:27:10 PM »
This is already registered as helpdesk ticket 27833929 but I thought I'd mention it here anyway.

On BMWs, you provide a feature to change the aux light brightness by holding the multicontroller left for a few seconds, then rotating it. It would be great if you added a toggle switch to the configuration software to disable this feature. There are a couple of reasons I suggest this:
  • I have accidentally activated it a few times whilst riding off-road when my hands have been near the multicontroller. I would rather set the brightness once and then disable the facility to change it.
  • The new WunderLINQ device from Blackbox Embedded uses a long left press and long right press on the multicontroller to control an iPhone or iOS device. These actions clash with exCAN, meaning to navigate in WunderLINQ you would end up adjusting the lights. More info here:  https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0052/6195/1025/files/WunderLINQ_iOS_Documentation.pdf?v=1591051226

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2020, 02:23:11 PM »
hi Allister,

I've looked up your ticket and I see it has been marked as a Feature request.

However I will respond on that ticket as there are some questions that I have and that will help us get to a better solution when we implement it.!

best
Stephan
currently riding:

Sly

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2020, 07:41:01 PM »
Hi all from France,

Do you think it's possible to add more functionnality to warning mode :

For example : When i use warning, can the aux light flash left / flash right / flash left for more visibility ( or agressivity :D )

Other feature : I use a tracker connected to my battery all time, do you think it's possible to add an output to power the tracker with no cut of alimentation?

Thanks a lot

TurnipTree

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 07:42:16 PM »
hi Allister,

I've looked up your ticket and I see it has been marked as a Feature request.

However I will respond on that ticket as there are some questions that I have and that will help us get to a better solution when we implement it.!

best
Stephan

Thanks. Are they questions for me? If so, will I get an email notification from Mojo when you post them there?

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 12:08:16 AM »
you should have a notification
currently riding:

abdullah

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 06:27:43 AM »
thanks for the feedback!

why would you require 3 or more pairs of lights controlled separately... nothing stops you from making all four channels Aux Lights - could be a combo of AUX 1 and AUX 2 or all AUX 1 or all AUX2

that's not possible in the current version as each ezCAN is configured through USB... but... if you have a Bluetooth app, it might be set up to talk to all the ezCANs you have...

The ezCAN only switches the bike's battery voltage.. but that's what the accessory output is for.. there are a gazillion and one 12v to USB converters available..
you mention specifically for heated gear... I'm pretty sure all heated gear works off the bikes 12V supply, except the ones that work off LiPo battery packs... I'm still confused what the 7.2V and 9V would be used for - could you elaborate or show us examples / links of such products?

this is almost available  ;D the next version Public release for ezCAN supports Heated Gear.   Subscribe to our newsletter on the hexezcan.com and get a. notification as soon as new features are released!

best
Stephan

i need it based on our country regulations for example you can't turn spot beam light on street only on offroad where i use denali DR1 on top position, also i have denali d7 in middle possition with yellow cover for fog and dust, and d2 in fork mount where its always run

thats why i need 3 set of light for me

i would like to request thing if possible rather that make it hardwairing and relay if you can set 2 pair for examle DR1 and D7 in XOR relation if DR1 on D7 go off and vise versa

also i would like to see some think may be no one has try i saw authroity bmw have special switches that can be ordered online if you can emblement an configuration for them its will be very nice to have dedicated switches

i know some time i am looking for complex solutions  ;D

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2020, 02:58:55 PM »

i need it based on our country regulations for example you can't turn spot beam light on street only on offroad where i use denali DR1 on top position, also i have denali d7 in middle possition with yellow cover for fog and dust, and d2 in fork mount where its always run
i would like to request thing if possible rather that make it hardwairing and relay if you can set 2 pair for examle DR1 and D7 in XOR relation if DR1 on D7 go off and vise versa
Ok, so let's brake this down a little - you have
DR1 on the top
D7 in the middel
D2 on the fork
According to the country regulations, which may and may not be ON and OFF when? 
a) I woud like to understand the specific regulation and
b) maybe we can get away with AUX1 and AUX2 only,

For instance, could the D2's on the forks not be ON all the time?  then we could drive them from an normal ACCESSORY output

also i would like to see some think may be no one has try i saw authroity bmw have special switches that can be ordered online if you can emblement an configuration for them its will be very nice to have dedicated switches
Hmmm - that could be interesting - maybe you could source us a set and we can try them out - that would be very helpful!

best
Stephan

currently riding:

abdullah

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2020, 03:31:44 PM »

Ok, so let's brake this down a little - you have
DR1 on the top
D7 in the middel
D2 on the fork
According to the country regulations, which may and may not be ON and OFF when? 
a) I woud like to understand the specific regulation and
b) maybe we can get away with AUX1 and AUX2 only,

For instance, could the D2's on the forks not be ON all the time?  then we could drive them from an normal ACCESSORY output

Hmmm - that could be interesting - maybe you could source us a set and we can try them out - that would be very helpful!

best
Stephan

regarding requlation in my country any spot beam in high position such as near headligh are not allowed for street only for offroad use because its can blind the oposit side traffic
but for middle possision where its mounted in lower crashbar its allowed where high beam is considered low beam and its legally to use it on street

i will try to found rules and regulation of traffic department in my country web site and i will try to share it

also regarding authoriy aux switches this its page https://www.bmw-motorrad-authorities.com/en-EN/accessories/57/the-bmw-f-750-gs-p
also check https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=0B08-EUR-07-2019-K80-BMW-F_750_GS_0B08,_0B18_&diagId=61_5746 for part details

and its avilable for r1200rt-p r1250rt-p f850gs-p g750gs-p thats models from BMW and i will check with my dealer if they avilable to purchase by public or indeveduals

best regards

StephanT

• Administrator
    • HEXcode
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2020, 11:14:24 PM »
regarding requlation in my country any spot beam in high position such as near headligh are not allowed for street only for offroad use because its can blind the oposit side traffic
roger that

I'm just unsure exactly what you're saying here...
but for middle possision where its mounted in lower crashbar its allowed where high beam is considered low beam and its legally to use it on street
If the spots are in the middle position then they can be ON when HIGH beams are ON, but must be OFF when High beam is OFF... am I understanding this correctly?

also regarding authoriy aux switches this its page https://www.bmw-motorrad-authorities.com/en-EN/accessories/57/the-bmw-f-750-gs-p
also check https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=0B08-EUR-07-2019-K80-BMW-F_750_GS_0B08,_0B18_&diagId=61_5746 for part details
thanks, yes, I've seen the Authority Switches before - not sure we can buy them, but worth checking out...

and its avilable for r1200rt-p r1250rt-p f850gs-p g750gs-p thats models from BMW and i will check with my dealer if they avilable to purchase by public or indeveduals
yes, would be interesting...

My question to your current problem is still, can you have the D2 on the fork ON all the time?
then:
DR1 on the top : AUX1 and configured off by default - can always switch them ON when you go offroad
D7 in the middle: AUX2 and configured to be 100% at highbeam (day and night) while 0% on Low beam (day and night)
D2 on forks: powered by Accessory output

best
Stephan
currently riding: