Author Topic: Thottle Position matching to ECU  (Read 3587 times)

HP2Outdoors4

Thottle Position matching to ECU
« on: June 29, 2020, 03:39:10 PM »
Good Afternoon All

Hoping someone can assist on my issue. I recently replaced my TPS after it was giving issues with surging and trouble to start when cold. However now with a brand new BMW TPS she does not idle unless I Rotate the TPS slightly anti clockwise (about 12 degress). When plugged into the GS911 the realtime value on the throttle valve position is 48.63.
I have tried resetting the TPS using the standard procedure of ignition on and rotating the throttle grip three time to full, then turning off the ignition but with the same result.

I have also reset the adaptation but again I get the same result.

What am I missing?

It seems that the TPS need to be matched to the ecu? Not sure how to do that other than what I have done already.

Any help appreciated.

Tx

mike d

Re: Thottle Position matching to ECU
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 05:36:23 PM »
Hi ,

The model and year of bike may help get a response.

Mike

HP2Outdoors4

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 05:59:02 PM »
Sorry, Forgot to add.

BMW HP2 Enduro 2006

Thanks Mike

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 09:46:14 PM »
The TPS on the 2006 is automatically reset every time you cycle the ignition.  There is nothing to adjust.

You most likely have a stuck or faulty idle bypass valve.

HP2Outdoors4

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 07:02:16 AM »
Thank you Jughead.

I have swapped out both stepper motors and recalibrated with no change. The main throttle cable cable was getting stuck in the slightly open position but this has been cleared. My concern is that the throttle valve position is showing  48% on the gs911 but the butterfly flaps is fully closed on both sides. The 48% was where the cable was getting stuck and holding both butterfly flaps open.

It really should have reset on its own but it seems to be holding at 48% when the butterfly flaps are closed.

Kind regards

Simon