Author Topic: Configurating the CDI from F800 GS with my GS-911  (Read 3512 times)

biunespoli

Configurating the CDI from F800 GS with my GS-911
« on: June 25, 2020, 08:55:12 PM »
Morning, my name is Gilberto Nespoli, i work as bike mechanic and i own a GS-911 pro(the red one).
The problem is, i have a bike here (F800 GS 2014) from a costumer that the CDI was malfunctioning.
 He bought a new one i’ve installed and it works but i want to know how a i can configurate the new CDI with the old vallues of the odometer (the new one is blinking on the painel).
Excuse my poor english

Thank you, wait on your feedback

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Configurating the CDI from F800 GS with my GS-911
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 03:42:36 AM »

The BMS-KP on the F800GS is not a CDI so let us move on from that aspect, did the owner order a new BMS-KP from BMW programmed with the right EWS Info for his bike ?, if so then it should have been fitted by the Dealer who sold it & ODO etc synchonised using the BMW Dealer System, it is a task which cant be done by GS911

biunespoli

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 02:40:42 PM »
Ok Wayne,
Indeed he bought a used BMS-KP from another F800, i'll send him to BMW to configurate it
Thanks for the help!

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 03:10:04 PM »
Ok Wayne,
Indeed he bought a used BMS-KP from another F800, i'll send him to BMW to configurate it
Thanks for the help!

The BMS-KP is configured new with the VIN & Key code data, any replacement also needs to be set up by BMW & shipped to the Dealer for a specific VIN so a used unit cannot be simply fitted to another bike unless keys are also supplied, then a Dealer may be able to sync dash with ODO & backup VIN data to the replacement BMS-KP but many Dealers may not even agree to attempt the job