Author Topic: Noobie question - oil level sensor  (Read 5815 times)

XMET

Noobie question - oil level sensor
« on: June 01, 2020, 04:06:01 PM »
Hello everyone.  I am planning to invest in a GS911 next pay day. I have been doing my own servicing and obviously the ability to reset the service indicator is great.  I recently had an issue with my “oil level” check feature disappearing and I had to get the dealer to reprogram my motorcycle in order to “learn” the sensor.  I k ow that the GS911 can reprogram tyre pressure sensors and so on, is the oil level check sensor also something that can be done with this device?  The dealer charge was very reasonable but I would be interested in knowing if this is something that can be done at home using the GS911 without needing to visit the dealership.  I did have a search of the internet but could not ascertain the answer, so would be grateful if someone could please advise me.  Looks like a great product and I have heard nothing but good things about it.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Noobie question - oil level sensor
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 03:33:51 AM »
Hi, without knowing the model & year of the bike people are unable to assist you, Service Indicator reset is implemented for most models, see the Function Chart, it lists what is implemented for each model   https://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/function-chart

XMET

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 11:16:20 AM »
Good point!  It’s for a 2015 BMW R1200 Adventure.  I see that learning the tyre pressure monitors is a feature, but I didn’t see anything on there for learning other features.  Perhaps this is still a dealer only feature and needs their proprietary software to do that.  I’m still going to buy a GS911 but just wondered if anyone could answer my question (now that I have specified my make, model and year).

Thank you again.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 12:40:39 PM »
Understood re model/year, I have not been asked to look at the oil level sensor system so I cant really comment on how it is integrated into the bike but your earlier post stated there was a software bug which required a firmware update to correct it at the Dealer & GS911 cant do that, I would expect some form of test of the oil level system in GS911 but it would be best to ask either Hexcode or your local distributor 

XMET

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 03:13:35 PM »
No problem and thank you again.