Author Topic: Read Mileage Stored in ECU?  (Read 6292 times)

tenkohms

Read Mileage Stored in ECU?
« on: June 01, 2020, 01:27:58 PM »
Hi wondering if the GS911 is able to read the mileage stored in the ECU? I have the flashing odometer with odometer having a different mileage than what is stored in the ECU since the instrument cluster was replaced. I want to be able to read the mileage stored in ECU to know the real mileage of the bike, is this possible to do with the GS911?

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Read Mileage Stored in ECU?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 02:53:43 PM »
For anyone to assist we need to know the model you are referring to including the year of manufacture, an autoscan gives the detailed info

Beyond that the ODO is normally stored in the Dash with a backup in the Engine ECU, on the only models I have looked at where an ECU has been replaced the BMW Dealer Programming system takes care of syncing the Dash & BMS ODO values as part of the replacement process, where a difference between Dash & BMS ODO values are detected but neither has been replaced again the Dealer Programming System can do a resync, I am unaware of the capability in being implemented in GS911 software
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 02:55:15 PM by WayneC »

tenkohms

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 05:14:38 PM »
For anyone to assist we need to know the model you are referring to including the year of manufacture, an autoscan gives the detailed info

Beyond that the ODO is normally stored in the Dash with a backup in the Engine ECU, on the only models I have looked at where an ECU has been replaced the BMW Dealer Programming system takes care of syncing the Dash & BMS ODO values as part of the replacement process, where a difference between Dash & BMS ODO values are detected but neither has been replaced again the Dealer Programming System can do a resync, I am unaware of the capability in being implemented in GS911 software

Hi thanks for the response, sorry year and model is 2007 R1200R. Unforuntately I picked up the bike and the seller had did the replacement of the instrument cluster himself as the old one was smashed from an accident. I called 2 nearby BMW motorsports dealers and they said they had no idea what I was talking about when I asked if it was possible to sync the new instrument cluster's mileage with the one stored in the zfe/ecu.

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 12:45:41 PM »
That is a function that can only be performed by your friendly BMW dealer.  As soon as there is a difference between the speedo mileage and the ECU mileage, the display will flash.  Normally the display will just flash "999999"