Author Topic: New and need help please  (Read 4047 times)

InitialC

New and need help please
« on: May 14, 2020, 03:13:26 AM »
Hello,

I'm Carlton from Chicago.  I've been riding since 2010 on the street and on the track, primarily on japanese bikes.  I just got the GS-911 for my 2017 S1000RR today.  In the autoscan it's noting my VIN as invalid and when I try to input it for the ABS module I can't because nothing is there.  Oddly when I go to ECU info the last 7 of the VIN is present.

I saw a post from a couple of years ago stating that the kill switch has to be on.  I've done that too and still no luck.

I'm anxious to get riding but I'm having a brake pressure issue that I was hoping to solve by cycling the ABS pump.

Any help is appreciated!

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: New and need help please
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 03:35:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum,

Compare the VIN shown by GS911 with the VIN on the frame ID plate & confirm they are the same

Have you registered the GS911 & ensured it is updated to the latest firmware ?, are you using the PC App or Web Interface ?

InitialC

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 03:42:23 AM »
Welcome to the forum,

Compare the VIN shown by GS911 with the VIN on the frame ID plate & confirm they are the same

Have you registered the GS911 & ensured it is updated to the latest firmware ?, are you using the PC App or Web Interface ?

Hi

I did register it and it has the 1912.2 software version.  I'm using the pc app (non-wifi version).  The issue is the gs911 unit isn't finding the vin.  In the autoscan the vin comes back as "invalid".

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 04:46:38 AM »
OK, understood, had to ask to check the basics

On older model bikes like the 650GS without EWS invalid VIN's entered at the factory were not unusual but on an S1000RR it surprises me

I would suggest lodging a support ticket with Hexcode https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1 they will get you to check a few things to work out what the problem is, I have not seen it in working with S1000RR models over here

InitialC

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 05:05:18 AM »
No problem.  I logged a ticket with them earlier as well.

At this point, I've taken the ecu out and mailed it to the guy i bought the bike from.  He flashed the ecu before i bought the bike and he's thinking maybe something is wrong with the vin coding in the ecu.

I was hoping to get support from hex code before taking that step but admittedly I'm impatient.  So, I'll see what they come back with and what he says about the ecu tomorrow.