Author Topic: Parallels Wifi Infrastructure Mode  (Read 3905 times)

roger 04 rt

• Beta testers
Parallels Wifi Infrastructure Mode
« on: May 13, 2020, 12:04:00 AM »
I'm a longtime user of the GS-911 Wifi and most everything works, except Wifi through the network. USB and Wifi Point to Point are fine. I'm figuring I have some type of firewall, tunneling issue.

My configuration is MacBook Pro, Parallels and GS-911 Wifi.

The Wifi Utility on the MacBook finds the GS-911 but the Wifi Utility on Windows 10 through Parallels doesn't. My Windows 10 has the Windows Defender package installed and the Firewall is ON.

Are there any "channels" that specifically have to be allowed inorder for the Wifi programs to be able to tunnel to the GS-911 Wifi?

Any other suggestions?
Roger

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Parallels Wifi Infrastructure Mode
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 03:26:17 AM »
Roger

Does the Win10 VM see all other devices on your net ?,browse web etc ?, that is where I would be starting, no special ports etc for GS911

roger 04 rt

• Beta testers
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 06:52:39 PM »
Wayne,
Every other feature of my install is working properly in both MacBook and PC modes--and I've made this work with Bootcamp before. My SSD died and the replacement doesn't support Bootcamp. It is only one feature Wifi, with my computer and my GS-911 trying to communicate through my router.

I'm going to hunt around to see if Parallels or Windows has a firewall that's getting in the way. Do you or does anyone have an idea what the PC-App to GS-911 thru Router communication protocol is?

roger 04 rt

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 11:18:53 PM »
I've determined that the problem is that neither the GS-911 PC App nor the PC Wifi App can discover the IP address of the GS-911.

So I used the MacBook Wifi tool to discover the IP address of the GS-911 Wifi, plugged that address into the PC App setup tool and all is well.

Can anyone here or someone at the company explain how those programs discover the IP address of the GS-911? (If I know that I can perhaps figure this out.)

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 02:27:52 AM »
From memory the GS911 WiFi App uses Bonjour

Make your life easy & reserve an IP No for the GS911 WiFi in the router DHCP Server then you can bookmark it