Author Topic: 2006 K1200GT (K44) Brake failure light flashing fast + Red Triangle light on.  (Read 6950 times)

HenryJ

Hi Folks
    My 2006  K1200gt put on the above lights 2 days ago shortly after leaving my house with my wife to head out for a spin. The fault showed after I had to brake a bit harder than usual behind a truck. It is the model with servo brakes.
I stopped and had a look to check level in reservoir etc. All OK. When i turned ignition off and then on again the fault had gone....till I braked again. We headed back home with the lights on and I put on the GS911 using my laptop without having stopped the motor for fear of losing any info by turning off ignition. I got fault 24971 showing as present ...pressure too high in front wheel circuit.
on checking the status readings I noted that the pressure in front wheel circuit was 77 bar while all other readings were ranging between 16 to 22 bar .... so clearly there  must either be a physical valve stuck somewhere in the system or a faulty pressure sensor on the front wheel circuit. I last changed the brake fluid 2 seasons ago and due to work etc havent put many miles on the bike in the last six months. Has anyone had this fault show up and any help would be appreciated. I am using the latest version of software on my GS911. Thanks Folks
Henry.
Henry.

HenryJ

Does anybody know if the ABS unit can be repaired bearing in mind it is the servo model (early 2006) rather than the later ABS2 type which gives the motor /brushes sticking problem. As far as I am aware it is the same unit on the 2005 GS or RT models
 just trying to get it repaired without having to fork out 2 grand which would be ridiculous on a 2006 bike!!
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Henry.

Alexm1

There is a crowd in the US, module masters I think. Have a look on the iBMW forum, search ABS repair. I believe some have had success with them. The other alternative is to get a good used unit, I have just put one in a 2003 k1200rs, appears to have solved the problem. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Alex

Thijs67

If anyone still reads this thread: https://rhelectronics.de/ can perform a iABS III overhaul. Bit pricey though.

mike d

They may well repair the iABS3, but the module in question is the servo iABS2.

Mike

Thijs67

Well, than I may not have the type/version numbers correct. They repair and overhaul the servo assisted iABS units. The analog and the can-bus ones. Pre-2006.