Author Topic: Problems With Special Functions (Wifi non-pro)  (Read 5855 times)

ErnieAz

Problems With Special Functions (Wifi non-pro)
« on: December 26, 2019, 09:26:06 PM »
Hello!

I have a 2013 R1200GSW and want to reset my service reminder. I have a GS911 Wifi I purchased when they first came out in 2014. I have used it before with both Windows 7 and with my MacBook Air (as well as my iPhone 7-plus and new iPhone 11 Pro). However, my old Win7 laptop is dead on the Wifi end and I can't seem to get full function of the GS911 with the Mac. I am able to scan the bike completely, but when it comes to selecting the service reminder it says I've "selected the wrong model of bike" or the ignition is turned off or some other nonsense. Is the problem the OS? Everything has been updated (the GS911 as well as all of my devices). Does the GS911 not like Mac? Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know a fix (or at least a work-around)?

Thank you,
Ernie
Milwaukie, Oregon, USA

Mornay

• Beta testers
Re: Problems With Special Functions (Wifi non-pro)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 09:26:28 PM »
Hi Ernie,

You can first try going into the Engine controller, then hit ECU info, then go back to the service reminder list.

If this doesn't work, you can send our support team a ticket:

http://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

Regards,
Mornay

ErnieAz

Re: Problems With Special Functions (Wifi non-pro)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 08:51:26 PM »
I've tried that but it didn't work before. I'll try it again. I've had trouble with other apps on my Mac's with the last update or OS. I'll check for firmware updates for the GS911 and see if that helps too.

Thank you,