Author Topic: "Valve for Idle Forward Control"  (Read 4015 times)

aggieengineer

"Valve for Idle Forward Control"
« on: December 05, 2019, 11:02:53 PM »
I'm trying to diagnose a cold start problem with my 2016 K1600GT. The GS-911 offers the option to reset adaptations, including one I'm not familiar with - Valve for Idle Forward Control.
I'm guessing that it's idle air control, but if anyone knows for certain, I'd love to be sure. The current value shown for its position is 199%.

Mornay

• Beta testers
Re: "Valve for Idle Forward Control"
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 02:37:13 PM »
Hi,

Just responding here as well as I've already responded to your email.

The adaptation being reset if for the fuel mixture. The values you're seeing is indeed incorrect, and has been noted and resolved, which should be out with our next official release.

Regards,
Mornay

aggieengineer

Re: "Valve for Idle Forward Control"
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 03:36:02 PM »
Thanks indeed for the quick reply. I'll update later this morning, and report the results. Interestingly, after resetting the idle mixture setting, I have performed 3 cold starts without a problem. Too early to be sure of anything, but encouraging nonetheless.

The dealer was willing to take a look with their computer for $161, with no promise of being able to help. Every time I use the GS-911, the satisfaction of being able to "cut the strings" from the dealership is hugely satisfying, both personally, and financially!

Thank you.