Author Topic: K1200GT servo abs error code 24958 Rear control valve failure  (Read 5308 times)

mopedi

K1200GT servo abs error code 24958 Rear control valve failure
« on: August 27, 2019, 10:08:50 PM »
I have 2006 K1200GT with servo ABS modulator which is giving me really hard time. I replaced all (4) pressure sensors, check both motors - pumps, passed bleed test procedure but in few minutes (without braking and drive away) there is ABS fast blinking and RED triangle on tacho. Reported error code is 24958 Rear control valve defective and the system goes to residual braking on rear circuit.
I checked also coils for rear control valves and it reads normal values.
I run out of ideas and this is really pissing me off because so far I have newer seen this error code and this kind of system response.
 Any help will be appreciated.
Silvo

knappen

Re: K1200GT servo abs error code 24958 Rear control valve failure
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 07:40:09 AM »
Hi there!

I sorry to hear about your problem i am in a kind of a same situation. But can i ask you what are these 4 pressure sensors?
Where are they located?

And second question: how did you check the electronic motors?

knappen

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 12:19:16 PM »
I did solve it!

I attached 12v directly to the motors from a car battery
but i still wonder...

what are these 4 pressure sensors and where are they located?

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 01:58:37 PM »
I have 2006 K1200GT with servo ABS modulator which is giving me really hard time. I replaced all (4) pressure sensors, check both motors - pumps, passed bleed test procedure but in few minutes (without braking and drive away) there is ABS fast blinking and RED triangle on tacho. Reported error code is 24958 Rear control valve defective and the system goes to residual braking on rear circuit.
I checked also coils for rear control valves and it reads normal values.
I run out of ideas and this is really pissing me off because so far I have newer seen this error code and this kind of system response.
 Any help will be appreciated.
Silvo

Replacing the sensors will not resolve the control valve issue.  You will have to strip down the pump and make sure everything inside is clean and the valves are not stuck.

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 02:01:11 PM »
Hi there!

I sorry to hear about your problem i am in a kind of a same situation. But can i ask you what are these 4 pressure sensors?
Where are they located?

And second question: how did you check the electronic motors?

Pressure sensors are combined front and rear control sensors as one unit and front and rear wheel sensors as one unit.  The one set (wheel sensors) can be seen on the outside of the pump furthest away from the controller.  The control sensors are located behind the controller.

mopedi

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 06:11:34 PM »
I mannaged to solve the problem with control valve errors by replacing the electronics. I know that electronics periodicly checks operability of motors, pressure sensors and  control valves also during normal driving (without actuating the brakes) with sending short pulses to motor and control valve coil and than checks the response.
I do not know exactly how abs processor code is working just guessing and interpreting error codes with abs responses.

So far no other CAN servo abs modulators reported such an error ( speaking of CAN servo abs K1200R/S, R1200GS/RT/ST)

regards
Silvo