Author Topic: Every time I use my new GS911 USB it registers a new bike  (Read 5264 times)

blaizer

Every time I use my new GS911 USB it registers a new bike
« on: November 02, 2019, 11:16:30 AM »
HI,
This is my first post following the purchase of my new GS911 USB version.I registered the unit,no problem there,ran a scan,no faults,great.Next day,I decided to calibrate my suspension.As soon as I connected to the bike,the 911,registered a new bike!
  Other business interrupted my 911 session so started a new session two days later.Connected to the bike,it's a 2017 1200RT,and again it registered a new bike.If this keeps happening,I will soon use all the 10 bike allocation up.
  Has anyone else had this issue.Help in this matter,would be greatly appreciated.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Every time I use my new GS911 USB it registers a new bike
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 02:30:20 AM »
Lodge a fault ticket with Hexcode Help Desk, https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1, they will look at that pretty quickly

blaizer

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 11:22:19 AM »
Thanks Wayne,
     I will give it one more go later today,just to make sure I am not doing something stupid.If I still get the same issue,I will take your advice.
       Once again,thanks for your help,I'll let you know the outcome.

wjrich

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 02:48:26 AM »
HI,
This is my first post following the purchase of my new GS911 USB version.I registered the unit,no problem there,ran a scan,no faults,great.Next day,I decided to calibrate my suspension.As soon as I connected to the bike,the 911,registered a new bike!
  Other business interrupted my 911 session so started a new session two days later.Connected to the bike,it's a 2017 1200RT,and again it registered a new bike.If this keeps happening,I will soon use all the 10 bike allocation up.
  Has anyone else had this issue.Help in this matter,would be greatly appreciated.
Just posted in another section regarding the same issue. So far I'm not impressed with this.
2017 GS

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 04:02:18 AM »
Just posted in another section regarding the same issue. So far I'm not impressed with this.
The VIN issue was with one firmware version only & was resolved quickly, sounds like you need to check the firmware version of your GS911 in the about page, post what it is here, also update the firmware but only after posting the current firmware version here

As per my post above lodge a support ticket with hexcode, support@hexcode.co.za, they will ensure the issue is resolved for you

blaizer

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 11:40:01 AM »
Hi Wayne,
  Must apologise for not getting back to you on this issue,I completely forgot.Here is the current state of play....The first thing I did before using the GS911 was to update the unit,then I entered the bike details.The rest of the story you already know.
  I have no idea why but my 911 seems to be working as it should.I promise if the issue returns,I will contact HexCode.Thanks for your advice.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 12:19:18 PM »
Hi Wayne,
  Must apologise for not getting back to you on this issue,I completely forgot.Here is the current state of play....The first thing I did before using the GS911 was to update the unit,then I entered the bike details.The rest of the story you already know.
  I have no idea why but my 911 seems to be working as it should.I promise if the issue returns,I will contact HexCode.Thanks for your advice.

No worries, I would suggest you still let Hexcode know, particularly if there are multiple VIN's recorded, they would need to know the firmware version, look in the about section of the web interface, with Hexcode looking at the firmware & software issue at the moment now is the time to put your hand up