Author Topic: Does the GS-911 have access to Thermo Coupler  (Read 8111 times)

NeilH

Does the GS-911 have access to Thermo Coupler
« on: June 21, 2019, 07:36:13 AM »
This is regarding the ongoing problem on BMW R1200GS/RT fuels strips, where a smart user managed to swap his fuel strip for a standard BMW float - I think we all want to do that.

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/509657-Fuel-strip-to-float-conversion-complete-guide

In this case the person used Moto Scan App with OBD linkLx to perform the following on his R1200GS

Go to central chase electronics ZFE
and find Thermo Coupler FLS 08 and change the value to Potentiometer. Press CODE
Next, find INDUCTIVE FUEL SENSOR change to"deactivate" press code.

Can we do the same using the GS-911?
Is there anything more you'd like to add about it this that perhaps I don't know the question to ask?

Mornay

• Beta testers
Re: Does the GS-911 have access to Thermo Coupler
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 08:16:33 AM »
Hi,

The GS-911 cannot do this currently but our developers are looking for ways to implement this in a future software update.

Regards,
Mornay

NeilH

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 10:19:08 AM »
Thank you Mornay,

I ordered an OBD linkLx to solve the problem. Having both tools gives me the best of both worlds :)

Neil

Roninrider

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 07:26:51 AM »
Any new developments made on getting the code to change the fuel monitoring to change to potentiometer?   

NeilH

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 07:46:32 AM »
Hi there,

Recently I thought I'd start replacing the fuel strip with the float using 'standard' part, following the process for the GS (I run an RT).

So I emptied the tank and got to the pinouts on the ECU only to find mine didn't have the same configuration as the GS. Follow the guide from the link below.

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/509657-Fuel-strip-to-float-conversion-complete-guide?highlight=float

All the best Neil

Roninrider

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 03:03:51 PM »
Yeah i used the same reference and switch pins to 21 and 37  I am at the point i just need to tweak the configuration so it reads the potentiometer.  But i need to get the obd link.