Author Topic: GS-911 software running under Parallels Desktop on a Mac gets timeout errors?  (Read 4921 times)

motoduvall

Hi everyone!

since i converted to a Mac (from windows) in my shop, my GS-911 software keeps getting timeout errors under Parallels, and i have to try whatever operation i'm doing several times before it succeeds. anyone else seen this under Parallels Desktop? any idea how to fix it?

jim harriger
motoduvall

WayneC

• Beta testers
I assume you are using PC Software with USB connection ?, what version is the software ?

motoduvall

Yes, running the PC software, version 1904.1, connected via wifi. WiFi access point 25 ft away in an open building full strength signal. Same wifi setup had no problems when running on a windows PC. Thanks!

WayneC

• Beta testers
Certainly sounds odd, I have no problems running that configuration for PC App with Linux Host, WinXP VM to TCP/IP & Router onto WiFi

It sounds like there may be some problem with latency & the parallels VM, what is the network config out of the VM ?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 05:32:41 AM by WayneC »

motoduvall

good question; i set Parallels up with defaults, i'll have to dig into that, hopefully this weekend if i have some time.
thanks!

jim