Author Topic: 2010 K1300GT  (Read 21307 times)

Honolulu

Re: 2010 K1300GT
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2019, 08:21:52 PM »
You're right about the sarcasm and I should have left that out.  Sending $800 down the rabbit hole wasn't pleasant, so the disappointment stays.

But the rest is pretty clear and valid:  The GS-911 might have pinpointed the problem if only I had baseline data to compare to, but no one could, or has yet, come up with such data on the real-time functions reported.  What (expletive deleted) good is a measurement without a baseline to compare it to?

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2019, 05:58:12 AM »
You're right about the sarcasm and I should have left that out.  Sending $800 down the rabbit hole wasn't pleasant, so the disappointment stays.

But the rest is pretty clear and valid:  The GS-911 might have pinpointed the problem if only I had baseline data to compare to, but no one could, or has yet, come up with such data on the real-time functions reported.  What (expletive deleted) good is a measurement without a baseline to compare it to?

The expenditure on coils/plugs was in your initial post of the thread so was not a result of advise given in the thread

Links to complete sensor real time data were provided on the first page of the thread so the information requested was provided, interestingly the fuel pressure values in that data show higher values than the logging off your bike so perhaps that may have been a clue to the FP sensor fault

Confirmation that the FP sensor was not providing the correct pressure values would have required manual connection of a fuel pressure gauge, it would not have been determined by simply connecting the BMW Dealer diagnostics system, connection of a gauge to check sensor operation is a normal procedure which would be followed to confirm the values reported by the sensor

All up it would seem an apology to those who attempted to assist is in order
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 06:00:29 AM by WayneC »

Alexm1

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2019, 06:28:17 AM »

Always hard to judge the ability of people who ask questions on technical forums, some struggle with English, some with the technical details, the majority however are appreciative of the advice given regardless of their ability. I would suggest you sell the GS911 and find a good dealer, I will save future “disappointment “.
Alex

Honolulu

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2019, 08:20:29 AM »
Hi Alex, let's look over your suggestions.

No link to correct real-time values was posted in this thread, unless it was my own, minus the fuel pressure column, but how was I to know?  Hexcode, having done as much as they have, surely must be acquainted with acceptable values, but have not chosen to do so, for who knows what reason(s).  Alpha-n systems aren't common.  If there's any question about technical competence, it's partly addressed by my having changed coils and plugs, O2 sensor, and vacuum refilling the coolant.  To go beyond that requires, to my way of thinking, at least intermediate level capability and I don't flatter myself to possess such with this bike yet.  I still hope to discover that knowledge somewhere and as appropriate, I'll bring it here, unless the tool-specific nature of this forum suggests otherwise.  My bike is near 10 years old and though the GT was only sold two years, the R and S models are somewhat similar.

I took advice from this and a few other forums (there aren't many, with ibmw-r.com gone) and to follow that advice was my own decision.  I accept responsibility for taking free advice, but it doesn't mitigate my "disappointment" which I will insist is real and need not be nestled in quote marks.  Who among us wouldn't be "disappointed" to spend $800 on needless parts replacement?

You could observe my grammar, punctuation and mode of writing suggest American English is my first language.  You'd be correct.  I've seen no end of poorly communicated posts to various forums so I take my good time to clearly state my observations, what I did, and what I need.

You could also suspect, given my username, that I'm in the middle of the Pacific.  There is one dealer within 3,000 miles.  Not much chance of "finding a good dealer".  I met with the service writer and showed them the real-time values printout.  I was told the tech, to whom I was not allowed to speak, said I'd done everything he would, and further diagnosis required getting the bike there for a session on their diagnostic computer.  They have my bike now.

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2019, 09:06:55 AM »
Hi Alex, let's look over your suggestions.

No link to correct real-time values was posted in this thread, unless it was my own, minus the fuel pressure column, but how was I to know?  Hexcode, having done as much as they have, surely must be acquainted with acceptable values, but have not chosen to do so, for who knows what reason(s).  Alpha-n systems aren't common.  If there's any question about technical competence, it's partly addressed by my having changed coils and plugs, O2 sensor, and vacuum refilling the coolant.  To go beyond that requires, to my way of thinking, at least intermediate level capability and I don't flatter myself to possess such with this bike yet.  I still hope to discover that knowledge somewhere and as appropriate, I'll bring it here, unless the tool-specific nature of this forum suggests otherwise.  My bike is near 10 years old and though the GT was only sold two years, the R and S models are somewhat similar.

I took advice from this and a few other forums (there aren't many, with ibmw-r.com gone) and to follow that advice was my own decision.  I accept responsibility for taking free advice, but it doesn't mitigate my "disappointment" which I will insist is real and need not be nestled in quote marks.  Who among us wouldn't be "disappointed" to spend $800 on needless parts replacement?

You could observe my grammar, punctuation and mode of writing suggest American English is my first language.  You'd be correct.  I've seen no end of poorly communicated posts to various forums so I take my good time to clearly state my observations, what I did, and what I need.

You could also suspect, given my username, that I'm in the middle of the Pacific.  There is one dealer within 3,000 miles.  Not much chance of "finding a good dealer".  I met with the service writer and showed them the real-time values printout.  I was told the tech, to whom I was not allowed to speak, said I'd done everything he would, and further diagnosis required getting the bike there for a session on their diagnostic computer.  They have my bike now.

Hi Honolulu, let's look over your response.

"No link to correct real-time values was posted in this thread, unless it was my own, minus the fuel pressure column, but how was I to know?  Hexcode, having done as much as they have, surely must be acquainted with acceptable values, but have not chosen to do so, for who knows what reason(s)."

Tell us.  When you purchase a kettle to boil water for your tea/coffee, are you also disappointed that the manufacturer of your newly purchased expensive kettle didn't provide you with all the coffee bean/tea specific formulas for all the blends and flavours?  Are you also disappointed with the kettle manufacturer that your coffee now tastes like tea, because you purchased something you didn't actually want?

When you purchase a torque wrench, do you expect the manufacturer to also provide you with all the torque settings for every nut/bolt on every conceivable piece of equipment that their torque wrench could be used on?  And if they cannot provide the values, do you look for another less disappointing torque wrench?

"I accept responsibility for taking free advice, but it doesn't mitigate my "disappointment" which I will insist is real and need not be nestled in quote marks.  Who among us wouldn't be "disappointed" to spend $800 on needless parts replacement?"

Your disappointment in your previous posts is not aimed at spending $800 on needless parts.  It is aimed directly at the inability of the GS911 manufacturers and forum members not being able to provided you with the data you want.

"You could also suspect, given my username, that I'm in the middle of the Pacific.  There is one dealer within 3,000 miles.  Not much chance of "finding a good dealer".  I met with the service writer and showed them the real-time values printout.  I was told the tech, to whom I was not allowed to speak, said I'd done everything he would, and further diagnosis required getting the bike there for a session on their diagnostic computer.  They have my bike now."

Since there's not much chance of finding a good dealer,  I don't see you voicing much disappointment at the "bad" dealership you refer to where you cannot even speak to the tech.  Was the said dealership able to provide you with all the data you required?  Or did they give you a muffin to make the experience less disappointing?

Maybe the middle of the Pacific is just a disappointing place to be.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2019, 10:22:12 AM »

No link to correct real-time values was posted in this thread, unless it was my own, minus the fuel pressure column, but how was I to know? 

Honolulu, a link to full real time data for your model was provided by Schuppi in post 16 on page 2 but you dont seem to have noticed it or understood it

The relevant text from the post is below

"http://forum.hexcode.co.za/forum/index.php/topic,697.msg2705.html#msg2705

A problem is quickly solved if the informations are available  :) like this:
http://forum.hexcode.co.za/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=697.0;attach=376
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 02:02:23 PM by WayneC »