Author Topic: ABS not working on rear only.  (Read 26251 times)

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
Re: ABS not working on rear only.
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 04:13:16 PM »
You may find good sensors off an old pump somewhere.

Love2Ride

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 12:58:43 PM »
Ok boys, I made up my mind, I am now going to bypass the ABS servo! I stripped down the pump completely. Found no muck or visible mechanical problem. Don't know how to check electronics and cant seem to find lose parts other that buying a complete "non working" servo off e-bay. Then you don't know what you getting anyways. Does anyone out there know of a detailed step by step guide as how to bypass the integral ABS system? I did separate the electronics (the piece that the plug fits on) from the pump and sealed it of with clear perspex and silicone. Ordered the two pre-bent hydraulic pipes to make the direct connection between the front and rear brakes. I believe there is more that one way to get rid of the "Flashing dash lights". I need to know how to keep the speedometer active. Thx guys.

knappen

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2020, 09:06:08 AM »
Ok, thx guys. I did bleed the brakes in the right sequence except my reservoir to catch the old brake fluid was below the pump and the calipers (on the floor). Well, all of that is useless until I fix the source. So, I think I will first swap the two pressure switches on top of the pump to see if the problem shifts to the front brake and then I will take the unit out of the bike, remove the sensor off the side of the pump and see if I can source a another sensor somewhere. If anyone has an idea where to get a sensor if will be much appreciated.

I still having a problem with my unit and reading some old post... so could it be that my problem is still there because i did bleed the wheels first and then the unit?

So i should do the unit first with the power off and the turn on the power and bleed the wheels right?

Because i could not get the rear motor running at all. When i first did bleed the wheels and then the unit... Maybe that´s why it throws a new fault code right?

i will try one more time maybe it will fix this?

https://youtu.be/d5sJjnHPv2Q?t=1038

« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 09:09:10 AM by knappen »