General Category > Technical

Cannot reset Service

(1/4) > >>

ADV Bike Shop:
Help needed before I tear my hair out

I have serviced my R1200GS-LC 2015, I have my GS911 set up on my lap top, everything works but when I go into special functions to reset the service interval I get a no internet connection error message, I have checked and checked again, internet is connected, i have tried doing this with the lead connecting the GS911 to the USB port but still get the same error message.

I have also tried downloading the App then connecting the GS911 to the iPhone, some error message, I have watched several videos and tried using the D2D mode as well, always the same bloody error message

I had lots of problems last year with the GS911 and finally it was replaced as faulty, the new one worked fine but that was about a year ago (July 17) now I need to service my 1200GS-LC again and I can do everything except reset the service interval

What I really do not understand is why the need for an internet connection when its plugged into my laptop and on D2D same thing when i try to set the service interval using the phone app

Cheers

Cliff

WayneC:

--- Quote from: ADV Bike Shop on June 23, 2018, 02:24:48 PM ---
What I really do not understand is why the need for an internet connection when its plugged into my laptop and on D2D same thing when i try to set the service interval using the phone app

--- End quote ---

When using the Web Interface, maintenance functions are via the cloud so require internet, in D2D mode it is local & not for maintenance functions

Do you have the PC Application installed or just the WiFi utility ?

When using the PC Application and the GS911 connected via USB all functionality is local without requiring the internet

ADV Bike Shop:
Probably have just the WiFi utility loaded, will try and download the PC application

Cheers

WayneC:

--- Quote from: ADV Bike Shop on June 24, 2018, 01:23:20 PM ---Probably have just the WiFi utility loaded, will try and download the PC application

Cheers

--- End quote ---

Yes I suspected so, when you use the PC App and access the GS911 via either USB cable or via TCP/IP across a workshop WiFi network full functionality comes fro the PC App. In a workshop net for either BMW car or bike both wired LAN and WiFi would be set up to enable wireless access to vehicles for diagnosis, GS911 WiFi is designed to fit into that network situation, it is only programming that then needs wired LAN to the vehicle

ADV Bike Shop:
so even with the PC connected to the internet via wifi and the GS911 connected to the same wifi it will not let be do the sevice intervals using the GS911 utility software ?

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version