Author Topic: Windows vs Android (mobile) functionality  (Read 7815 times)

Joakim

Windows vs Android (mobile) functionality
« on: June 14, 2018, 08:54:34 PM »
So, I’m new but I’ve heard there is some functionality missing in the mobile/android interface, however I don't know what.
Any helpful soul out there who could enlighten me?

schuppi

Re: Windows vs Android (mobile) functionality
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 10:25:13 AM »
Hello and welcome

While searching the FAQ , I found this for you!
The major difference between the PC Application and the Wifi Utility is that the PC App is used primarily for performing diagnostics and the Wifi Utility is used primarily to configure the GS911 device.

The PC application only works on a Windows based platform. This can be a laptop, PC or even a Windows virtual machine. All emergency and service-level functionality is built into the PC application, which means no internet connectivity is required when performing these actions.

The WiFi utility is supported on Mac and Windows and can be used to configure the Wifi configuration, update the firmware and locate the GS911 device on a network to launch a browser to. For emergency functionality is uses the built in web browser of the GS911 device but utilizes our cloud server to perform service functions on the bike. This means that when using the WiFi utility for service functions, a stable internet connection is required, either though a router connected to the internet or a mobile hotspot.

Both the PC Application and the Web front-end used through the Wifi Utility thus provide the ability to capture real-time data, read and clear fault codes, perform service functionality and send us logs. Both WiFi and USB cable can be used on both applications to connect to the GS-911wifi interface.

Also have a look at the software comparison table here
http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/support/faq/whats-the-difference-between-the-pc-app-and-the-wifi-utility

Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

Mornay

• Beta testers
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 10:30:27 AM »
What schuppi said.

And on a more practical level, you can see the differences on our function chart, navigating to a controller that you know is fitted on your bike, and seeing what functionality is supported on the PC app vs the web interface.

For example, the IABS controller has a few differences:

http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/iabs

Joakim

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 03:27:33 PM »
Ah, of course.
Thank you both.