Author Topic: long wait, lousy software support.  (Read 9978 times)

Gusarg

long wait, lousy software support.
« on: November 12, 2017, 04:24:58 PM »
I'm disappointed with the tool
First they never included the service option in the dwa. After waiting for more than 6 years, they do not include it anymore for the k24.

Now I think it will happen the same, more than 2 years and it is still not possible to change from km to miles. K51

I really was wrong in the purchase, I should have bought a Chinese icom at the same price.
It works perfectly, you can change everything you need.

I understand that it is a transportable tool and that is fantastic for travel.
I do not recommend it for a workshop.

Thanks and I wanted to share my opinion.

Schuberth

• Beta testers
Re: long wait, lousy software support.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 11:24:09 PM »
I will grant you this, yeah it's kinda slow with the things you want.

But

You can please some people most of the time but you'll never please all the people all the time  ;D

Chatlonut

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 10:40:42 AM »
I think same you I hope it will come soon.Really used

Francois Cilliers

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 11:05:03 AM »
I'm disappointed with the tool
First they never included the service option in the dwa. After waiting for more than 6 years, they do not include it anymore for the k24.

Now I think it will happen the same, more than 2 years and it is still not possible to change from km to miles. K51

I really was wrong in the purchase, I should have bought a Chinese icom at the same price.
It works perfectly, you can change everything you need.

I understand that it is a transportable tool and that is fantastic for travel.
I do not recommend it for a workshop.

Thanks and I wanted to share my opinion.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. We feel just as disappointed as you that we have not been able to support these functions up to now. Though, I am pleased to be able to let you know that changing between miles and km on newer bike models will go into beta testing very soon. It has been an exceptionally difficult task to find all the information we needed to implement this function, since it works completely differently from the older bike models.

With regards to the DWA service functions, we have never removed it from our roadmap (https://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/roadmap). Are there any specific functions that you needed? Since we have very limited development resources, we can only afford to pay attention to the most popular feature requests, but I can investigate whether or not the functions you need are available on the bike and the effort it would require to implement.

Gusarg

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 08:04:25 PM »
Francois, I appreciate your response.

At the moment for the k24 chassis you eliminated the future word in the roadmap.
After many years. I could assume that the same thing happened with the chassis k001.

Those functions and many more I have covered with the Icom Next.

I also use the Gs911 tool because it is quick to use.

Thanks and greetings from Argentina.

PS: they could charge for each additional function. And from the web choose what you want for the gs911. Thus they would have more resources for their development.

Beemerboy

• owner of a R1200GS 2010
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 10:39:36 AM »
Thats a good plan !

sgBikerBoy

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 01:47:52 AM »
First, the rant.

I just received my GS911-wifi unit and was disappointed to find out that it doesn't do km-miles, L/100km-km/l, bar-psi-kpa re-coding on my 2014 R1200 GS LC (K50). I chose to go down the GS911 route over the other cheaper Android-cable-OBDScanner path because of HexCode's and GS911's reputation of being the gold standard for home mechanics and for people who refuse to get ripped off by the high price of BMW dealership.

Now, the appreciation.

That said, I notice that the HexCode folks here on these forums have been extremely supportive. Even if a feature has been "in the works" for a super-duper long time, the support team is still forthcoming with admitting that it's taking a longer than expected time to reverse-engineer the CAN protocols on the newer bike models. I am aware that reverse-engineering is a tricky business and it doesn't help that BMW has remained super tight-lipped on the protocols used on their machines. While many of us here (including the HexCode folks) remain disappointed, we can only hope that they manage to crack the code soon...

...now, I kinda recall seeing somewhere about a limited 1-year window for software updates. I certainly hope that this feature will release before my 1-year window is up!

Francois Cilliers

• Beta testers
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 09:30:17 AM »
First, the rant.

I just received my GS911-wifi unit and was disappointed to find out that it doesn't do km-miles, L/100km-km/l, bar-psi-kpa re-coding on my 2014 R1200 GS LC (K50). I chose to go down the GS911 route over the other cheaper Android-cable-OBDScanner path because of HexCode's and GS911's reputation of being the gold standard for home mechanics and for people who refuse to get ripped off by the high price of BMW dealership.

Now, the appreciation.

That said, I notice that the HexCode folks here on these forums have been extremely supportive. Even if a feature has been "in the works" for a super-duper long time, the support team is still forthcoming with admitting that it's taking a longer than expected time to reverse-engineer the CAN protocols on the newer bike models. I am aware that reverse-engineering is a tricky business and it doesn't help that BMW has remained super tight-lipped on the protocols used on their machines. While many of us here (including the HexCode folks) remain disappointed, we can only hope that they manage to crack the code soon...

...now, I kinda recall seeing somewhere about a limited 1-year window for software updates. I certainly hope that this feature will release before my 1-year window is up!

Two points of good news:

1) We have already "cracked the code" as you call it. ;) Currently, we are in testing phase. We launched beta testing for coding functions on the new bike models a few weeks ago, but had to suspend it for the time being due to problems the update caused for regular customers. We'll resume beta testing very soon.

2) For now, you don't have to worry much about the 1-year window for updates. Although we do reserve the right to limit the update period, we have so far not enforced that policy yet.

Thank you for your kind words and understanding.