Author Topic: Unable to Launch GS-911downloader in Windows 10  (Read 20847 times)

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Unable to Launch GS-911downloader in Windows 10
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 02:06:33 AM »
False positives in AV software preventing valid applications to load/run are not unusual and are not just a problem specific to Hexcode programs.

Where a problem occurs it should be reported to the AV developer, quite often the problem is resolved after the next AV definition update. I saw a Win 10 only problem with Kaspersky and Mozilla Firefox recently, for small application developers like Hexcode getting through to the right people at the AV Co can be time consuming so it is best for end users to report the problems to the AV Co

GSWayne

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 03:01:16 AM »
I sent off a message to BitDefender about this.

JWMcDonald

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 03:37:54 AM »
I'll also ping BitDefender... ;)

GSWayne

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2018, 01:27:47 AM »
After a couple of emails with BitDefender I got instructions that allowed GS911 to run. The instructions are below.

Wayne

Exclude the process from being monitored by the Advanced Threat Defense module, which relies on identifying malware based on the behavior of the applications:

Open the main interface of Bitdefender 2018 then click on the menu button from the upper left corner.
    Select Protection from the left sidebar, then click on View Features from the right side of the window.
    Click on the gear icon under Advanced Threat Defense.
    Click on “Add applications to the whitelist”
    Select the process for the application you wish to exclude (a .exe file normally) then click on OK.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2018, 02:42:55 AM »
Pleased to hear Bitdefender responded and you have the problem resolved, it is worth remembering the procedure they provided for the future

JWMcDonald

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2018, 11:14:54 PM »
Have made some progress with establishing .exe into the White List of BitDefender.

No luck with attempting to get 1711.1.

Have success with 1703.1 launching, accepting terms of License Agreement, choosing components (Main program, shortcuts & USB driver), choosing Install Location (accept default destination folder of C:\Program Files (x86)\GS-911), then Install (Welcome to Devise Drive Installation Wizard).

Completing the Device Driver Installation Wizard indicates that drivers were successfully installed and that the status is Ready to Use.  Indicates that can now connect device to computer.

Device is connected via USB port - green blinky light on the device.

Upon the Completiung the GS-911 V1703.1 Setup Wizard, chose tp Run GS-911 V1703.1 and select Finish.

Window comes up to indicate the application is more than a year old, and click OK.

Setup screen appears, with USB selected. 

Upon Test interface, comes up with Error Test Failed: Could not open USB: No supported USB Driver found - Unplug and re-insert GS-911 to complete the USB driver install or re-install the application.

No joy.

Upon checking Settings / Devices, GS911USB-G2 is listed.

The HEX site indicates that there is GS911 1711.2, as well as the latest 1711.3.

Can someone advise where those versions are available at ?  Opening GS-911Downloader from the HEX web page indicates it is 1711.1.exe

I welcome any direction that will show me the error of my ways.

JWMcDonald

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2018, 02:40:53 AM »
Additional note - have also confirmed that the Acer computer that I am working with has the latest BIOS effected.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2018, 04:27:53 AM »
Which .exe have you put into the white list of BiDefender ?, it sounds like Bitdefender or Win10 is preventing the application from accessing the USB

Once you have a version of the GS911 PC App installed (in your case 1711.1) when you launch the PC App with the GS911 connected via USB the App should check for updates and if one is available a dialogue box should come up asking whether to install it

Where the PC App does not find an update go to the menu and select Help/About and firstly confirm it shows the GS911 details, if it shows the details and registration for your GS911 you should be able to use the "check for update" button to update to 1711.3

If the Help/About dialogue does not show the details for your GS911 then exit the GS911 PC App, turn off BitDefender and launch the GS911 PC App again, go to Help/About and see if it now sees the GS911 connected to the USB port, if not use the "Interface Information" button the try to initialise communication with the GS911, report the results so the next step can be determined

JWMcDonald

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2018, 08:49:05 PM »
To put this to bed:

Got back to this issue recently after being laid up since April 2018 after extended foot surgery...

Put it in the hands of my corporate IT resource and got satisfaction with successful installation after lobotomizing BitDefender... 8)

Wilson

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2018, 02:23:39 PM »
Just received GS-911USB and sizegenetics before and after have attempted to launch GS-911downloader on two separate laptops with Windows 10 - an Acer unit and a Lenova unit.

The download of the GS-911downloader appears to be successful, and the User Account Control window comes up asking to allow app to make changes.

Respond with "Yes" and then goes into never-never land - never launches.

Have confirmed Administrator Status.

Suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

sometime i downloaded many software which is run by clicking on run as adminstrator so
Right-click on icon and select "Run as administrator"
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 08:19:42 PM by Wilson »

Dann

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2019, 03:12:20 AM »
I had the same issue and it was because of my Anti-Virus. (Vipre Advanced Security)
It would simply block it from executing with no error message.

I disabled it and ran the downloader.

After the software was installed, I put an exception in it and everything works fine again.

escapeartist

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2019, 07:04:51 PM »
Hi Guys

Getting "Internal Modifier Error" popup and the downloader will not launch.

Windows 10, surface pro ...

Stranded in Buenos Aires Argentina trying to get back to the US. Any ideas?

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2019, 04:35:02 AM »
Hi Guys

Getting "Internal Modifier Error" popup and the downloader will not launch.

Windows 10, surface pro ...

Stranded in Buenos Aires Argentina trying to get back to the US. Any ideas?

I would lodge a support ticket with Hexcode, support@hexcode.co.za