Author Topic: Please forgive a noobie set up question!  (Read 5847 times)

freddie

Please forgive a noobie set up question!
« on: February 01, 2018, 07:55:50 AM »
Hello all.
A quick intro. I've just gotten myself an 09 1200gs. A bit of a change, electronically, from my previous 07 model. So bought the gs911 primarily to reset service reminders. Just discovering a whole lot of other capabilities though!
The ABS fault light has been on solid for a little while, so I was keen to check what the fault was, turned out to be three faults, electrical system under voltage, pump motor defective and power supply to pump motor faulty.

My current issue:
Have installed the application on my dodgy win 7 laptop (4gb ram, if that's important).
All went well until I tried to autoscan for the first time, I'm getting the message:

Detected the following problem:
Failed to read controller info: Timeout while receiving data.
Do you wish to continue anyway (Note that ABS functionality will be limited)?

After that, I tried to access engine fault codes with a similar response.

Interestingly, I somehow managed to pull up the autoscan results, and have (hope it's the right thing to do) cleared some fault codes from the ABS.

My question is: Will I still have full service functionality considering the 'Failed to read controller info' message?

Thanks in advance for reading my long first post, and hope to get a little advice (apart from 'learn to drive a computer')
Cheers,
Freddie

Mornay

• Beta testers
Re: Please forgive a noobie set up question!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 10:08:35 AM »
This question might be better suited for a Helpdesk ticket:

http://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

freddie

Re: Please forgive a noobie set up question!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 12:57:42 AM »
Good one.
Thanks Mornay