Author Topic: iginition switch immobilzer damaged.  (Read 8316 times)

BALVIAMBE

iginition switch immobilzer damaged.
« on: January 31, 2018, 11:15:33 AM »
hi,
my bmw r1200gs 2016 model (k50) immobilizer got short electrical fault.
can i change to new without reprogramming ecu. using my old key chip in new.
pls assist me. 

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: iginition switch immobilzer damaged.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 01:22:36 AM »
That is a question I cant definitely answer but I suspect you will be able to replace it without programming

BALVIAMBE

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 06:42:16 AM »
thx for the reply just asking that the immobilizer works between the key and the ecu if am right.
means the key takes the chip information to ecu to confirm that it matches the information between the key and the ecu. so the bike can start normally.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 07:15:06 AM »
It depends on the version of EWS and the machine model, I have not seen 2016 model details, the last info I saw indicated the EWS3 ring antenna/interface which is what you are referring to was wired direct back to the BMS-KP/BMS-X. In EWS3 the unit generates a temporary code which is sent to the BMS and the 2 devices sync codes, if there is a mismatch they go through the sequence again until they sync, it is only the BMS which stores permanent key codes. There is a BMW pdf floating round the web which explains the operation of EWS versions, it is mostly handed down from the car division

BALVIAMBE

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 08:39:14 AM »
hi,
the ecu model is BMSMP 8 354 916 -01
THE IGNITION SWITCH WITH IMMOBILIZER HAS 5 WIRES
1= 12V +
2= 12V -
3= IGINITION ON
4= DATA FROM RING ANNTENA
5= DATA FROM RING ANNTENA
THE RING ANNTENA IS BIULD UP WITH IMMOBILIZER JUST 1 UNIT IN ALL.
THE KEY IS CHIPED. WHICH I THINK COMMUNICATES TROUGH RING ANNTENA PASSING FROM IMMOBILIZER GOING TO ECU.

BMWS1KRR

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 03:38:12 AM »
hi,
the ecu model is BMSMP 8 354 916 -01
THE IGNITION SWITCH WITH IMMOBILIZER HAS 5 WIRES
1= 12V +
2= 12V -
3= IGINITION ON
4= DATA FROM RING ANNTENA
5= DATA FROM RING ANNTENA
THE RING ANNTENA IS BIULD UP WITH IMMOBILIZER JUST 1 UNIT IN ALL.
THE KEY IS CHIPED. WHICH I THINK COMMUNICATES TROUGH RING ANNTENA PASSING FROM IMMOBILIZER GOING TO ECU.

my bmw r1200gs 2016 model (k50) immobilizer got short electrical fault.
can i change to new without reprogramming ecu. using my old key chip in new.

I can answer this and I can fix the problem. I believe I am the only person outside of BMWAG that can clone an EWS4 unit.

So what is what you have is EWS4 on a BMSMP ECU..

you have shorted out the antenna ring most likely as this is a common problem I see.

if you own the bike and it is in your name, you can order a new EWS4 module under the VIN ...

if it is a salvage bike and it is not in your name, then you cannot order this EWS4 module.

you can send me the module and I can clone it to a new module there by allowing your key to work again.

just so you know the process of how EWS4 works, you cannot wire around it, and there is no IMMOFF for BMSMP or BMSX ECU's.

the key has a 4D60 Texas transponder chip and it has a secret key code ID algro that talks to the EWS4 module. The EWS4 module is then happy with the key it communicates with the ECU to enable start sequence. if any part fails there is no happy ECU and no start sequence. If you make the ECU really mad it will go into DME disable mode. It will require resetting that not even the GS911 can do.

so you can email to me at 300zwork    ATTTTT  300zwork    DOTTTT com  and I can advise how to proceed if you want me to fix the problem.