Author Topic: Does it take a vin up when choosing to only do dash upgrades  (Read 599 times)

Adam westerman

Does it take a vin up when choosing to only do dash upgrades
« on: April 12, 2024, 11:35:44 PM »
Hi there, I am being told that it does not use up a vin for doing things like, dash upgrades or the heated grip options etc, can someone tell me if this is correct? As every motorcycle I connect seems to only allow me to do anything if I add the vin my enthusiast list, if this is true how do I carry out any configurations without adding the vin to my list, I am planning on getting the pro so it's unlimited anyway but wanted to also ask the question aswell
Cheers
Adam
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 12:18:20 AM by Adam westerman »

karlh

Re: Does it take a vin up when choosing to only do dash upgrades
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 12:11:46 AM »
Adam,

A little punctuation would go a long way toward making your question more readable.
Karl
2007 R1200ST

Adam westerman

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 12:20:10 AM »
I don't think it's all that bad to be honest but hey ho only asking a question and didn't come on here to be moaned at bout punctuation lol, I left school years ago and got by perfectly well unless you are a teacher it is in your blood to correct haha 😄

GS Jim

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024, 06:27:51 PM »
The way I remember it is that you can reset codes, auto scan and similar things without a registered vin. This enables you to bail out someone on the side of the road that has a fault that may cause limp mode.
Any coding changes including maintenance resets require the vin.
I had no problem with your original post by the way Adam.