Author Topic: Apple OS full functionality of the GS911WiFi...  (Read 6873 times)

BrBMWK1600GTL

Apple OS full functionality of the GS911WiFi...
« on: July 27, 2017, 06:17:51 AM »
I had thought there was 'on-going' work concerning unit compatibility thru to the Apple OS system when I was looking into and eventually buying this GS unit. So far the FORUMS / FAQ's do not have any information that would indicate that HEX is pursuing this functionality / upgrade. I do have the BootCamp option whereby I have the Win 10 HEX software installed. I rarely go into BootCamp to use Win 10 due to its performance issues compared to Apple OS. Any plans? Thanks...

Francois Cilliers

• Beta testers
Re: Apple OS full functionality of the GS911WiFi...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 09:46:59 AM »
I had thought there was 'on-going' work concerning unit compatibility thru to the Apple OS system when I was looking into and eventually buying this GS unit. So far the FORUMS / FAQ's do not have any information that would indicate that HEX is pursuing this functionality / upgrade. I do have the BootCamp option whereby I have the Win 10 HEX software installed. I rarely go into BootCamp to use Win 10 due to its performance issues compared to Apple OS. Any plans? Thanks...

The path we have chosen to support Mac OS, is to provide the GS-911 functions through a web browser from the GS-911wifi. There are technical reasons why we are unable to provide a native Mac OS application equivalent to the GS-911 Windows PC application. The use of a web browser also allows us to provide diagnostic functions on many other platforms for very little additional development cost, so that ended up being the solution we chose.

Of course, wi-fi signal quality is a factor that affects the use of a web browser, but we are always working on reducing the impact that this has on the user experience.

We do have a FAQ page with details on our software offering for different platforms: http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/support/faq/which-gs-911-software-to-use