Author Topic: New GS911 wifi not communicating  (Read 7616 times)

vneyer

New GS911 wifi not communicating
« on: May 22, 2017, 04:04:18 AM »
I have 2015 s1krr and just got the gs911 wifi. I can connect to the net no problems but trying retrieve any data throws me an error. It displays lower battery but my bike starts up fine and try to use it in on and running mode only to get the same issue.

Can someone help out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: New GS911 wifi not communicating
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 04:10:19 AM »
A little more info on the PC and the method of connection to the bike would be useful, it appears you are connecting to the GS911 via USB and that either the bike ignition is not on or there is a problem with the bike diagnostics socket wiring

vneyer

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 04:50:53 AM »
A little more info on the PC and the method of connection to the bike would be useful, it appears you are connecting to the GS911 via USB and that either the bike ignition is not on or there is a problem with the bike diagnostics socket wiring
So I figured it out. The laptop usb was the problem. It was either not compatible or under powering the unit.

Thanks for your help.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 05:26:55 AM »
So I figured it out. The laptop usb was the problem. It was either not compatible or under powering the unit.

Thanks for your help.

No worries, with some of the later WIndows versions they have overly aggressive power saving on USB, see the info on turning it off

vneyer

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 05:28:10 AM »

Thanks for your help.

No worries, with some of the later WIndows versions they have overly aggressive power saving on USB, see the info on turning it off
Sounds good, I will check it out and thanks again.

timmer165

Re: New GS911 wifi not communicating related
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 09:35:48 PM »
Hello,
 I am new to this site I do hope I'm posting correctly. I have a 2010 r1200gs. I have used the gray/yellow GS911 non wifi at least six times. I bought a new computer and down loaded the GS911 downloader to the new computer. It will not recognize the interface.

Bike: 2010 R1200GS
Computer: HP w/windows10
GS911 non wifi

Again. I have successfully used this excellent product several times in the past. Any help, suggestions or advice would be highly appreciated.
Thank you Tim
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:46:25 PM by timmer165 »

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 03:24:53 AM »
Welcome to the forum timmer165 and I can see you have had a welcome to the whacky world of Win10, you will need to look at the settings for the USB port on the new PC, if you dont quickly resolve it I would suggest you lodge a support ticket with Hexcode, http://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

timmer165

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 04:33:31 AM »
Not sure what to look for, I did try. Thanks for the reply I will send in a chit. Thank you.