Author Topic: Another Newbie  (Read 4312 times)

Dave Beck

Another Newbie
« on: June 06, 2017, 02:37:51 AM »
Hi all, I am, for all intents and purposes, a newbie within the GS911 family.  Although I had originally bought an old used version of the 911 (yellow, USB connection), for use on my '07 LT, I never really used it, as I had intended to take the 911 on long distance tours with me and link it with my Android smartphone and a Mac Air laptop.  Using the USB version was very difficult, as I understood that the 911 could not be used with a Mac unless you also somehow ran Windows on it.

I sold the old 911 and the LT and bought the new Wifi GS911 enthusiast's version and a '16GTLE.  In reviewing the Quick Start Guide, I noted that it says the new version can be used with the Mac using the "Cloud Functionality".  Since I have somewhat non-computer savy, I don't really know what this means or how to use it.  I have a Windows PC inside the house, but would prefer to be able to work on the bike in the garage, with the Mac Air next to it.  Are there any specific things I should be doing, or familiarizing myself with in order to do this?  Any pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks! 8)

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Another Newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 03:17:49 AM »
Hi Dave

Welcome to the forum

Firstly learning a little more re computers would probably be a good idea  ;D

Re using the GS911 WiFi, firstly ensure you have a good home WiFi network which has coverage in the garage. Using cloud functionality means the maintenance routines are accessed from a Hexcode web site so the GS911 and MAC need to be logged into the home WiFi network.

You can also use the PC app from the PC in the house so long as the Home WiFi net is in place but that is a story for another day perhaps
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:20:06 AM by WayneC »