Author Topic: RE: BMW R1200GS LC MODEL 2015 : BAR TO PSI CHANGE.  (Read 21028 times)

BALVIAMBE

RE: BMW R1200GS LC MODEL 2015 : BAR TO PSI CHANGE.
« on: May 27, 2017, 05:09:11 PM »
HI,
PLS ASSIST ME HOW TO CHANGE TIRE PRESSURE FROM BAR TO PSI IN DETAIL WHERE TO START FROM.
I COULD NOT LOCATE ANYWHERE THIS OPTION. I CHANGED FROM UTILITY SCREEN AND SAVED IT BUT DID NOT CHANGE ON BIKE.
USING GS911 WIFI
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 05:11:05 PM by BALVIAMBE »

GS Jim

Re: RE: BMW R1200GS LC MODEL 2015 : BAR TO PSI CHANGE.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 11:05:51 PM »
The GS911 can't do this on the bike, i've heard that the dealer can but I can't confirm this. Oh, and I think your caps button is stuck on ::)

Mornay

• Beta testers
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 10:00:32 AM »
Our software does not support Cluster coding on K50/K51 models yet, but we are working on this...

gs-riders

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 06:57:25 PM »
Just joined the Forum today to find out how to change from Bar to PSI on mine and the wifes bike after picking up a GS-911 yesterday. Any updates on when this will be possible?

robiukaz1

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 02:08:21 PM »
i change bmw icom and esys software,

Menoche

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 07:50:07 PM »
Can we have an update on the cluster modification for the r1200gs LC K51 models? I bought a GS-911 almost a year ago specifically to be able to modify these parameters and there hasn't been any update since May....

Come on Hex Guys, give us an update please!!! :-)

Paul Breen

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 08:31:16 PM »
+ 1. Can we have an update on the cluster modification for the r1200gs LC K51 models?

Mornay

• Beta testers
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 11:15:40 AM »
Now I know this is not the answer many of you wanted, but we are done with the majority of the development work for the coding, and are currently testing the implementation of the cluster coding for the K001 chassis models. We will possibly need to send  out a beta software version in order to help us test on the various bikes however we will communicate this beforehand.

rodster

• Beta testers
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 04:24:25 AM »
Now I know this is not the answer many of you wanted, but we are done with the majority of the development work for the coding, and are currently testing the implementation of the cluster coding for the K001 chassis models. We will possibly need to send  out a beta software version in order to help us test on the various bikes however we will communicate this beforehand.

So I just want to make sure I'm understanding your answer... do you mean you've done the majority of the development and don't plan to release it anytime soon for anything other than K001 chassis models ? Or is it still coming for the K51 models?

Perhaps it's just the comment amount "not the answer we wanted", but I read this like it's not coming anytime soon for anything other than K001models, and that would be disappointing.

Mornay

• Beta testers
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 09:47:31 AM »
Oh it's definitely still coming for the K50/K51 models. We should be in a position to send out beta software out soon.

Menoche

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 02:49:57 AM »
Hi Guys,
it's been almost two months now without any updates on the cluster config for the K50/K51....

What gives? I've had my wifi GS-911 for over 12 months right now and it is useless until I have these features...

At least tell us what the hold up is!!

Phil

Francois Cilliers

• Beta testers
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 09:56:46 AM »
Hi Guys,
it's been almost two months now without any updates on the cluster config for the K50/K51....

What gives? I've had my wifi GS-911 for over 12 months right now and it is useless until I have these features...

At least tell us what the hold up is!!

Phil

We plan to start beta testing for coding functions next week. If you are willing to give us feedback on the user experience and have a knack for finding bugs, you can sign up to our beta testing group by sending a request to our helpdesk (https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1). Be sure to include your GS-911 serial number and bike model. This initial beta run will only work on GS-911wifi, not yet the new GS-911usb Generation 2.

The main reason why we haven't been able to implement this for so many years, is because it was exceptionally difficult to get any information on how the coding protocols work on the newer generation bikes. We are a very small company with limited development resources, and this is not the only project or feature that requires our development efforts. Over the past year we've had to spend a large amount of resources on implementing support for the latest EU-4 compliant bike models released by BMW, and we still have a lot of catching up left to do. This is also why we haven't been able to start the beta trials for coding until now. Note that there is still significant work left to do before we can release these functions officially.

We want to get these functions into your hands as soon as possible, and we really appreciate how patient you all have been so far.

Francois Cilliers

• Beta testers
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 10:10:57 AM »

So I just want to make sure I'm understanding your answer... do you mean you've done the majority of the development and don't plan to release it anytime soon for anything other than K001 chassis models ? Or is it still coming for the K51 models?

Perhaps it's just the comment amount "not the answer we wanted", but I read this like it's not coming anytime soon for anything other than K001models, and that would be disappointing.

It seems there is a slight confustion about the bike models related to this feature request. To be clear, when we refer to K001 chassis models, that includes K50 and K51, among many others. This is in contrast to the older generation K024 bike models for which we already have coding functions available. For a complete list of known K001 chassis models, have a look here: http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911wifi/gs-911wifi_info#coverage

Menoche

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 07:52:10 PM »
François,
It's been almost 3 months without any development on this... when is the features coming out?
Are you guys still working on this?
Must admit that having paid such a price for a device which only allows me to read codes and update TPMS sensors feels like a scam to me.
I've had this unit for 20 months now...

Please, we need an update or an ETA on the functionality coming out!

Phil

Francois Cilliers

• Beta testers
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 04:59:21 PM »
François,
It's been almost 3 months without any development on this... when is the features coming out?
Are you guys still working on this?
Must admit that having paid such a price for a device which only allows me to read codes and update TPMS sensors feels like a scam to me.
I've had this unit for 20 months now...

Please, we need an update or an ETA on the functionality coming out!

Phil

Hi Phil. We are stil working on this, yes. We had to stop initial beta testing due to complications with the update, so for the time being we are continuing with internal testing. Coding on the newer models is a sensitive function that can potentially render your bike in an unusable state. I am sure you'll appreciate all the extra effort we have been spending to ensure that our software won't break your bike when this feature is released.

I'm not sure why you would think that we would spend all these years of development effort to build such an elaborate software tool just to scam you. You must be aware that reading fault codes and learning TPMS sensors are not the only useful functions that the tool makes available to you. We encourage you to explore those other functions. Though, we would be interested to hear how much your BMW dealer would have charged you to assign those sensors to your bike, or to perform any of the other functions that you have already used.

We are a small development team, and we have very limited resources available to stay up to date with all the bike models and features that BMW has been rolling out.

We have always been very clear about the status of coding functions availability and only recently moved it to the short term goals on our roadmap: https://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/roadmap. You can be certain that we want the coding functions to be available just as much as you do, and we are doing as much as we are able to achieve that goal as soon as possible.