Author Topic: 2012 RT  (Read 5997 times)

jeffkyle

2012 RT
« on: April 24, 2017, 12:52:55 AM »
Riding in rain.. had about 1/4 tank... but stopped for gas.. filled up. Pulled away from pump, got about 200 ft. and bike started skipping... then shut down. Cranked back up and ran about 10 seconds.. sputtering.. then died will not crank. Has a funny smell from exhaust. Does this sound like bad gas? Yes obviously. How do I know if its the gas or fuel pump? How is the best way to drain the gas and put frest back in ? How do you get the bad gas out of the fuel pump or fuel lines ? Any suggestions ?  I have a gs911 would that tell me anything ?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

jeffkyle

Re: 2012 RT
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 01:43:53 AM »
I hooked up the gs911 there is a fault "10210 Knock sensor 2" fault is still present... any idea what that is ?

GS Jim

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 02:13:23 AM »
Knock sensors watch for pre ignition/detonation usually caused by low octane or bad gas. Not sure if you can disconnect the fuel line(s) and run the pump to clear the tank, someone else might know. Or you will have to do it old school, remove tank and dump it out, or siphon and refill with known good high octane fuel. Was it a modern station or some hole in the wall? You used premium I assume.

jeffkyle

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 02:16:54 AM »
It was a BP.  On I-40.  It was very busy. Did fill with premium.  In fact a lady filled up a jeep with premium from diffrrent pump.  I asked attendent (young kid) if they had heard of any issues..he said they had not..  he also said they recieved delivery night before...  thanks for reply and info.

GS Jim

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 02:27:22 AM »
When you say "will not crank" does that mean it won't turn over as in seized or turns over but won't fire up?

jeffkyle

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 02:31:43 AM »
Sorry should have been more specific.. it turns over.. fires... hits two licks and dies.. sometimes it will sputter for a second or two..  but dies.  Seems like if I let it sit a while, it sputters a little longer...than when I try to crank back to back...

jeffkyle

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 04:16:59 AM »
Turns out... it was bad gas. I siphoned all the gas out of the tank I could. I was only able to get about 5 gallons out...knowing there was still about 1 gallon in there (down in the side wings of the tank) ... Refilled with good gas, and Heet. Would try to run, but still would not. Sometimes it would idle a few seconds, but as soon as you touched the throttle it would die... So I assumed something else, like fuel pump controller... Took it to a dealer. They diagnosed... They removed tank, flushed, put new gas, and im back in business.... runs like it should... I wish there wss a way to go back on the BP station.... Thanks for all the suggestions....