Author Topic: failed to connect to server  (Read 10470 times)

hatchetdan

failed to connect to server
« on: April 19, 2017, 12:33:25 AM »
inishall set-up on my laptop , im getting an error window [win10] [ Failed to connect server could not resolve server host name] What do I do now?

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: failed to connect to server
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 02:45:42 AM »
We would need more info it be able to assist, like what version of GS911 and whether you have downloaded the downloader, downloaded and then installed the PC app, registered the GS911 etc

The "failed to connect to server, could not resolve server host name" message though indicates the laptop or GS911 is not connected to the internet

hatchetdan

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 02:18:05 PM »
I am following the prompts from your  web sight while connected to the internet, this is a non wi fi, with a 2016/11/01 date code and i have downloaded the downloader but come to a halt when i get this error code i havent see anything about registering my unit

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 04:19:43 PM »
OK, understood, be aware on the forum here like other forums the people are mainly owners like yourself

You have downloaded the Downloader so with the notebook connected to the internet, connect the GS911 to the USB port and launch the downloader, press options and it will confirm the GS911 is connected and launch your browser to download/install the PC App, it is done this way to stop the counterfeiters

If the downl;oader does not detect the GS911 is connected then check the power settings on your notebook/PC and turn off any power savings
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:57:42 PM by WayneC »

hatchetdan

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 05:27:19 PM »
I will check on power savings thanks

hatchetdan

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 06:29:19 PM »
i followed the video on install. when i get to the end where i am asked to check the usb connection i get an error window again[ Test failed failed to download firmwear from server, code 400 ]  Arrrgggg!!!

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 02:27:52 AM »
I have never looked at any video's re GS911 so it is best to state what steps you have taken in the thread here and there is no firmware download for any of the non WiFi GS911 models so what are the answers to the questions below

Did you connect the GS911 to the USB Port ?
Did you then open the downloader and did it see the GS911 ?
Did your web browser then open to the software download page and did you download the GS911 PC Application ?
Did you install the PC Application ?

Xchallenge

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 09:26:05 AM »
i followed the video on install.
If you're referring to the video called Downloading and installing the GS-911 PC software on the Hex website, it is followed by a note:
NOTE: this video is outdated - we will be adding a new one soon.

Maybe that's the reason for your issues...

Please work with WayneC here as he's trying to help you.

Francois Cilliers

• Beta testers
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 06:08:47 PM »
i followed the video on install. when i get to the end where i am asked to check the usb connection i get an error window again[ Test failed failed to download firmwear from server, code 400 ]  Arrrgggg!!!

If you get a server error code like this, we suggest that you contact support (http://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1) and provide your GS-911 serial number so that we can investigate the problem in the server logs.

hatchetdan

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 08:19:24 PM »
I dont know why, but today the unit connected and completed the download, thanks for your help  guys!