Author Topic: Help - is its bricked?  (Read 8399 times)

NOVA20176

Help - is its bricked?
« on: February 26, 2017, 07:16:05 PM »
I am a new user, only second time using my GS911Wifi.  Thankfully, my K1600GTL has been running well and I have not used the device since resetting the maintenance reminders last year. 

I opened the utility and performed the software updates on the utility.  Another click of Update told me the firmware needed to be updated, and 3 updates succesfully installed.

I then connected the module to my bike, started the bike, and did an autoscan.  A few error codes on the bike that I was planning to investigate further came up and I attempted to use the email feature to get a copy of the report.  No dice.

I then saw another indication that an update was required.  I tried it and that was when things went wrong....

Initially it seemed to  be working then I got stuck with some network error, and it kept up, would not reconnect. 

I shut down the bike, removed the GS911 and tried connecting it to the PC again with the USB cord.  Now I don't get any reaction from the GS911, no lights, no beeps, and the utility says it can't find the device.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Help - is its bricked?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 04:07:37 PM »
It does sound like the last update may not have completed fully, I would suggest you log a support ticket with Hexcode, support@hexcode.co.za

NOVA20176

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 12:29:04 AM »
It does sound like the last update may not have completed fully, I would suggest you log a support ticket with Hexcode, support@hexcode.co.za
Thanks, I did that after posting. Not sure if an error completing the update would cause it to have no lights or response - but I will see what the support people say and post something to provide closure on this thread.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

NOVA20176

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 05:47:09 PM »
Just wanted to provide an update for the forum. I received great support and a replacement interface. The hardware did fail and the company wanted the unit back to evaluate what happened. Exactly what I would do if I were in their position. They made the exchange easy and I am very happy with the customer support provided!

;
I am a new user, only second time using my GS911Wifi.  Thankfully, my K1600GTL has been running well and I have not used the device since resetting the maintenance reminders last year. 

I opened the utility and performed the software updates on the utility.  Another click of Update told me the firmware needed to be updated, and 3 updates succesfully installed.

I then connected the module to my bike, started the bike, and did an autoscan.  A few error codes on the bike that I was planning to investigate further came up and I attempted to use the email feature to get a copy of the report.  No dice.

I then saw another indication that an update was required.  I tried it and that was when things went wrong....

Initially it seemed to  be working then I got stuck with some network error, and it kept up, would not reconnect. 

I shut down the bike, removed the GS911 and tried connecting it to the PC again with the USB cord.  Now I don't get any reaction from the GS911, no lights, no beeps, and the utility says it can't find the device.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 01:50:28 AM »
Pleased to hear the problem is resolved and you are happy with the support you received from Hexcode

Fred

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 10:05:24 PM »
I had similar problems with my GS911- WIFI
My device was "dead" after update new software.
It is exchanged under warranty.

Excellent service from these guys