General Category > Engine related issues

RPM unstable

(1/2) > >>

edmund goh:
Hi all,

I had a bad experience with my 2013 f800gs, the RPM kept revving from 1-3 x 1000 rpm on idle with or without clutch actuation.

I tried revving it to the max (well silly me, thought its like CRT tv give it a knock and it works). But it doesn't work(of course)

It happen when i was close to my 10000km servicing, so i suspect it was air filter clogg so i replaced it with k &n air filter. Plug in with the GS-

911 i found in the engine cluster, selection theres an idle acutator calibration so i tested it out.

After running the bike again which i did the idle actuator test and air filter change and i found that the rpm is stable again. The air filter seems

like able to make my bike more torquey(thats to me). The problem is sloved.

I like to highlight this so as to get more rectification ideas and situation if anyone is facing the same problems.

Acutally what i want to ask are, whether this situation(rpm unstable), is it the idle actuator, airfilter or something else.

Rgds,
ed 

bikecrazy5:
hi
the idle actuator is a small piston type action which needs recalibration from time to time.the bike teaches the throttle position each time you switch your bike on, that is why it is utmost important not to touch you throttle on start up.now what happens is it almost tends to get stuck as it does not always use its full reach depending on the temperature of the bike on start up...so i would say the t.p.s sensor was your issue.

edmund goh:
Throttle position sensor? I see that explains y. Thanks a lot. But if I hit the kill switch button before shutting down. Is there any effect or impact on the engine.

It is beacuse my riding group were still paranoid on the action of the 2013 kill switch. Some of the people kill switch got stuck and cannot
start bike, some even cannot turn off engine.

to me the logic is like a computer you hit shut down before turning the ignition key.

bikecrazy5:
your kill switch is a emergency cut off switch...some people believe in killing the bike before turning the ignition off...but what i have noticed isa sometimes it confuses the ecu...according to bmw u must just turn ur bike off at the ignition so it has its few seconds to shut down the ecu AS a computer does when you push shutdown in the start bar.where as the kill switch just cuts it out. if u look on a f800 u can actually see it shutting down.

edmund goh:
Thanks bikecrazy5. I can share with my friends. Btw what you are riding? Ya great with the knowledge of the bike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version