Author Topic: Tracking battery voltage  (Read 12880 times)

Dann

Tracking battery voltage
« on: July 20, 2016, 05:58:34 PM »
I know that that the battery voltage is displayed at the bottom of the software window

What I would like to do is to log the realtime values of the battery voltage  when I start the bike.

The battery voltage does not show in the realtime values list. Only the alternator voltage can be selected.

How can I do this?

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Tracking battery voltage
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 03:46:22 AM »
Knowing the model of the machine would be rather helpful  ;D

Dann

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 04:42:13 AM »
R1200RT 2007   Sorry... :-[

I'm using the PC software with a USB cable (That might be helpful too  ;))

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 05:05:27 AM »
OK

There are two voltages in the diags interface on your model which are KL 30 (V-Bat) and KL 15 (Ign On) which could be monitored. I normally do any logging from a GS911 WiFi as it is easier without the PC interface and I have never been asked to look at your model so I am flying blind a bit here

I would expect you should turn on ignition, set up the logging with the PC interface, there should at least be KL15 available in the parameters to be logged, then start the bike to see the voltage changes

schuppi

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 10:28:37 AM »
Hello

I would look in the real time datas of ZFE, there would be the voltage of "30" displayed and
can be logged.

Hope this helps
Schönen Tag
Wolfgang
                                       talk less, drive more

Dann

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 09:44:40 PM »
Ok I found it.

The battery voltage realtime values are displayed in the ABS Status / Input signals / battery voltage. ( I don't understand why it's not with the alternator voltage)

I was able to log it with the USB cable and my win10  tablet. (I'm using the GS-911 WI-FI)

I tried with the WI-FI connection but even though the battery voltage was showing correctly at the top of the screen, the logs kept showing 0.00V ?

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 03:54:50 AM »
If you were able to log it with the PC app and not the WiFi logging then that suggests a bug in the WiFi, log a support ticket with Hexcode, did you try the cloud services ?, that would help in working out where the problem comes in

Dann

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 04:01:47 PM »
This probably a stupid question, but how do you connect to the cloud service?

What I did was open the GS-911 wifi utility and load the browser to the connected device. (BTW the 2 buttons : identify "something" device and  "Something" browser to selected device are not displayed correctly)

Is this what you call the cloud service?

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 04:15:52 PM »
No the cloud services require the phone/notebook to be on line to access cloud services which are internet based

In the workshop with broadband and WiFi both the GS911 and PC would be connected to the router so both have access to the web

With a phone you would set up the GS911 to connect to the personal WiFi host spot of the phone rather than the phone connect to the GS911

I am surprised you consider the  "identify "something" device and  "Something" browser to selected device are not displayed correctly)"

I would log a support ticket with screen shots for that, have you ensured the GS911 is updated to the latest firmware ?

Dann

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 06:39:29 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the advantage of using the cloud service which is dependent on an internet connection which might not be available, when I can connect directly to the GS-911 Wifi using my Win10 tablet, either with the USB cable or directly through it's Wifi connection?

Why would I want to use a phone on top of that  in order to use the GS-911?

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 03:14:58 AM »
Re cloud services, in some respects I would agree with you but there are times access to maintenance functions without pulling out a PC is handy and there are people wanting access to maintenance functions out on the road using a mobile phone and the WiFi web interface

I  made the suggestion of using the cloud services as you were unable to log the battery voltage from the WiFi interface and cross checking that the cloud service gave the same result seemed to be a good idea to see where the problem lay

Dann

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 04:14:14 AM »
Hi Wayne

Thanks for the clarification

I don't want to start an argument on the merit of the cloud service  ( I just need to be educated since I never really used the wifi and cloud functions) but aren't all the functions available from your phone if you connect directly to the GS 911 via it's own wifi?

BTW In my case the Internet on the road is not really an option since I don't have a data plan on my Smart phone. (I know, I'm probably the only one ... :o)

I will still try to use it and see if I get the same results when I get the chance.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 05:43:02 AM »
No argument from me re cloud, I dont carry a smart phone either and my day job is as an IT/Telecoms/Technology consultant  ;D

I do use a Win8 tablet myself to have the PC App functionality on a small device but in ECU testing on the bench cloud is still handy and since there are 3 ways to use the GS911 WiFi using all 3 services can assist in working out software issues

Re functions via WiFi in adhoc or D2D mode you are using, no, maintenance functions are not available they are only via PC App or cloud

Dann

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 05:01:26 PM »
Thanks for the clarifications