Author Topic: Samsung S5 Wifi /Mobile data  (Read 6677 times)

Viljoen

Samsung S5 Wifi /Mobile data
« on: June 03, 2016, 07:04:59 PM »
Hi Everyone

Sorry for this question for I did search, first the forum, before i started with this mail :). I`m new to the forum and Purchase my GS-911 Wifi tool today and downloaded all the required software on my PC and Samsung S5.

Everything worked well, except for when I linked GS-911 tool to the S5 Samsung Phone`s WIFI and try to perform the Specific functions link reset the service counter. The message i received is that the network connection can not link to internet. I found because i linked to WIFI and the connector is not to connect to the internet. For this i need to connect WIFI and Mobile but the functionality does not work. Hope that someone could help me because i would love to perform the task from my phone.

I eventual done it through the PC and could perform it correctly.

Thanks
Bertus
Regards
Bertus Viljoen

We are Blessed in what we ride, may the road be open, filled with respect, for all to enjoy.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Samsung S5 Wifi /Mobile data
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 03:07:04 AM »
You need to set up the Samsung phone as a WiFi hot spot then configure the GS911 to connect to the phone so the GS911 has access to the internet

When you do it the other way round, with the phone connecting to the GS911 you are operating it in off line mode so cloud services are not available

Viljoen

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 06:30:40 PM »
Thanks WayneC,

It took me to figure it out that
- 1st i have to switch on the Hotspot on my phone.
- 2nd link the Device to my PC using.
- Run the GS-911 WiFi Program.
- Configure WiFi section.
- Connect To Network.
- Check phone and it connected.

Thanks for your Help.
What will we do without you:)

Bertus Viljoen
Regards
Bertus Viljoen

We are Blessed in what we ride, may the road be open, filled with respect, for all to enjoy.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 03:16:51 AM »
Pleased you worked it out and are are up and running