Author Topic: GS911 WiFi can't connect on USB?  (Read 8468 times)

Grim Reaper

GS911 WiFi can't connect on USB?
« on: May 21, 2016, 11:56:31 AM »
I am trying to connect my GS911 with the usb lead, when I connect it powers the unit up ok but in the device manager it keeps appearing as a human interface device, not in the usb device list as GS911 as it shows in the screenshots, and on the GS911 wifi utility pc program it can't see it in the usb connection list, only the wifi list.
Tried to install the pc GS911 program but this keeps saying device is in use by another process and won't get beyond the download options button?

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: GS911 WiFi can't connect on USB?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 02:57:53 AM »
A little more information is needed.

What is the type of PC and what version of windows is it ?

What brand of Anti Virus is installed and is it up to date ?

Grim Reaper

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 11:31:07 AM »
Sorry, It's a Dell XPS laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, and AVAST antivirus.
If I uninstall the drivers against the Human Interface Device and discon/recon the GS911Wifi, it initially appears as Hex something or other with a yellow triangle, but it seems that the auto driver search reverts it to Human interface device quicker than I can work a way out to stop it.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 12:56:34 PM »
OK, understood, I have done quite a few Win7 installs and not encountered the problem you describe but I have had problems with AVAST grabbing things recently, it is not on my favourites list at the moment

First I would turn off AVAST for an hour and see what happens, AVAST would seem the likely culprit of "another process" using it

Secondly there is a method to turn off M$ auto install, you can read about it in the link below

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2500967

That should give you a start on finding the problem, it is not one I have seen reported here on the forum or in my day job

Grim Reaper

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 06:57:21 PM »
no joy,it keeps installing it automatically even with the options turned off.
If I knew where the driver was (I don't know if it is even on the drive, the installer doesn't seem to give a location it may have put the driver into) I could force it to update the driver to the correct one, can you send me the driver so I can install it manually?

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 03:13:53 AM »
I dont have the USB driver installer as a separate file, the fact windows is installing a driver is not so much the problem as that would still allow driver replacement, it is the fact a process is grabbing it and using it it which would seem to be the problem as a driver could not be replaced if the device was "in use" by a process. Suggest either trying to see what process has grabbed it and then use task manager to turn that process off or lodging a support ticket with Hexcode, they may have further suggestions

Grim Reaper

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 08:23:55 AM »
Ah, right, that has given me another idea to try out, my wireless mouse and keyboad appear as \human \interfaces when they are plugged in, I'll try uninstalling them and try again.