Author Topic: Can't reset service reminder on 2016 R1200RS  (Read 44091 times)

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Can't reset service reminder on 2016 R1200RS
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 03:58:12 AM »
I just went to reset my service reminder on my R1200RS and had exactly the same problem. I just sent an e-mail to Hexcode with a screen dump of the error message. I find it hard to believe my unit is defective too, I suspect something the software in the unit. My s/n is 182 and I think that is a relatively early unit, what was your  s/n?
Hexcode will get it sorted for you but in the mean time do an update on your GS911 WiFi and ensure it is updated to the latest firmware version

RandyL

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 05:27:46 AM »
Hexcode will get it sorted for you but in the mean time do an update on your GS911 WiFi and ensure it is updated to the latest firmware version
Thanks Wayne but I just checked again and I'm running the latest firmware and app software. Will standby for Hexcode to respond.

Lee

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 10:58:54 PM »
I just went to reset my service reminder on my R1200RS and had exactly the same problem. I just sent an e-mail to Hexcode with a screen dump of the error message. I find it hard to believe my unit is defective too, I suspect something the software in the unit. My s/n is 182 and I think that is a relatively early unit, what was your  s/n?

SN ends in 410. Date 9/28/2015
The replacement unit I received shows the same error message as before and would not reset the service reminder using a laptop..  It did work using my phone, but it will not let me use a custom date and time.
On the 30th Hexcode told me they would check my log and get back with me. I have not heard back from them.

Lee
2016 R1200RS

RandyL

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 12:32:46 AM »
Lee,
Thanks very much for the info. I took your lead and used the iPhone app and the default service time/interval and was able to reset the reminder. Now at least I don't need to look at the "SERVICE" warning all the time while riding. I then went in and changed the date and interval to a non-default value and the controller rejected it just as before, so the same result you got. Clearly the problem isn't with our units but rather something in the software.

I hope Hexcode address this as the GS-911 provides precious little functionality other than resetting the service reminders, and doing so with intervals of your choosing. At best it is a read-only device for error codes otherwise and a questionable value proposition.

Lee

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 12:52:09 AM »
Lee,
Thanks very much for the info. I took your lead and used the iPhone app and the default service time/interval and was able to reset the reminder. Now at least I don't need to look at the "SERVICE" warning all the time while riding. I then went in and changed the date and interval to a non-default value and the controller rejected it just as before, so the same result you got. Clearly the problem isn't with our units but rather something in the software.

I hope Hexcode address this as the GS-911 provides precious little functionality other than resetting the service reminders, and doing so with intervals of your choosing. At best it is a read-only device for error codes otherwise and a questionable value proposition.

Thanks for confirming you are having the same problems as me with the same model bike.
Lee
2016 R1200RS

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 03:33:00 AM »
You have a case of new model blues here, clearly there is a bug in the PC Software but the Cloud Services has been updated to resolve it, that will be implemented into to next PC software version. It also takes time to develop and test all the diagnostics routines on new models so the functionality for the 2016 model will improve over time to be the same as earlier models.

The other thing to always keep in mind with the GS911 WiFi is it is 2 tools in one, when being used with the USB connection and PC software it is operating the same as the earlier GS911 with the intelligence in the PC software. When operating in WiFi mode it is using internal intelligence plus the Cloud Services

Peet Badenhorst

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2016, 09:54:43 AM »
Gents
We can confirm that it is indeed the KOMBI53 instrument cluster on the new RS that has this negative response issue.
We are in the process to source our own instrument cluster to see if we can reproduce this issue in-house. In the meantime we have had some feedback from users that using the web interface and the Cloud server combination with standard settings does indeed reset the service interval as expected. This leads us to believe this issue might be timing related as the instructions follow slower after another over the internet based Cloud server than the PC application.

Hope this workaround helps for the interim until we can develop an update in the next version of the PC application.
Regards
Peet

Lee

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2016, 03:11:02 PM »
Gents
We can confirm that it is indeed the KOMBI53 instrument cluster on the new RS that has this negative response issue.
We are in the process to source our own instrument cluster to see if we can reproduce this issue in-house. In the meantime we have had some feedback from users that using the web interface and the Cloud server combination with standard settings does indeed reset the service interval as expected. This leads us to believe this issue might be timing related as the instructions follow slower after another over the internet based Cloud server than the PC application.

Hope this workaround helps for the interim until we can develop an update in the next version of the PC application.
Regards
Peet

Thanks for the info Peet. I also received a detailed email from one of the Hexcode staff early this morning.
Lee
2016 R1200RS

RandyL

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 03:15:51 PM »
Regards
Peet
Thanks Peet, I can confirm that the workaround works. Appreciate you staying on it to get it fully resolved.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 05:20:17 AM by RandyL »

RandyL

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2016, 04:56:24 PM »
Peet, another quick thought: would you please post something in this thread so those of us following it will be alerted when the software is fixed?

Thanks!

Lee

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2016, 04:41:13 PM »

Regards
Peet

Peet, I have not had a chance to check.
Was the problem fixed in the July update?
Lee
2016 R1200RS

Peet Badenhorst

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2016, 10:34:51 AM »
Sorry Gents
The issue is still in the latest PC release.
We did not manage to source a KOMBI53 in time so this bugfix fell off the table.

Still the Web workaround for now I'm afraid.
Peet

Lee

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2016, 04:10:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply Peet.
Don't forget about us  :)
Lee
2016 R1200RS

RandyL

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2016, 06:20:41 PM »
Thanks for the reply Peet.
Don't forget about us  :)
Yes indeed, please don't forget about us!

Lee

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2016, 04:27:57 PM »
Any update on the service reset problem?
Lee
2016 R1200RS