Author Topic: Problem updating GS-911WIFi  (Read 24242 times)

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Problem updating GS-911WIFi
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2016, 01:46:21 PM »
I have done it. Without answer in that moment.

OK, I am sure they will get back to you and resolve any problems at their end or with the firmware, in the mean time have you tried installing and using the GS911 via the USB port ? and what is the type and configuration of the PC you are using ? WIn ? and are  you running through a home WiFi network ?

ldivis

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 06:54:49 PM »
It is still not possible to update. For the time beeing is there message from the server:
Failed to connect to server: Connection to server timed out. The server is simply not reachable for now. That is all. If they do some administration tasks or solve technical problem, they should inform their customers on the web.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 07:13:28 PM »
It is still not possible to update. For the time beeing is there message from the server:
Failed to connect to server: Connection to server timed out. The server is simply not reachable for now. That is all. If they do some administration tasks or solve technical problem, they should inform their customers on the web.

Sounds to me like Avira is blocking the downloader, address the issue, the firmware aspect is a different issue

ldivis

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 07:24:32 PM »

Sounds to me like Avira is blocking the downloader, address the issue, the firmware aspect is a different issue

I switched real time protection off.

michaelnel

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2016, 07:29:01 PM »
And I just get a quick server timeout when I try.  No Avira or other anti virus.  Have tried from Mac, Mac laptop running VMware Windows 10, and native WIndows 10 on a Dell Laptop, they all do the same thing.  I got an ack of my ticket from hexcode, but zero help from them.

michaelnel

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 10:02:49 PM »
... and now it waits about 15 seconds and then gives the server timeout message.  Strange how it keeps failing in exciting new ways.

michaelnel

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 03:53:36 AM »
Behavior has changed again.  Now when I click on "Check for updates", the little watch mouse pointer symbol just stays, and does not time out.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2016, 04:41:16 AM »
I just tested download and it is working, sounds like there have been some network or server issues over the last 24 hours though

michaelnel

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2016, 04:44:49 AM »
Download isn't the problem for me.  I was able to download the software.  The issue is the firmware update process, which just hangs, or the server times out.  In any case, it never succeeds in upgrading the firmware.  No help from hexcode either.  I guess they do not assist customers on the weekend.  I hope they do during the week.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2016, 04:50:46 AM »
Download isn't the problem for me.  I was able to download the software.  The issue is the firmware update process, which just hangs, or the server times out.  In any case, it never succeeds in upgrading the firmware.  No help from hexcode either.  I guess they do not assist customers on the weekend.  I hope they do during the week.
Yes you are correct on both fronts, the firmware update is a separate issue to the download problem and Hexcode are not staffed over the weekend, rest assured they will address your firmware issue quickly though once they are back in the office on monday

michaelnel

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016, 01:19:51 PM »
As of this morning, firmware update still hangs indefinitely.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2016, 01:27:03 PM »
As of this morning, firmware update still hangs indefinitely.
Michael, I have already suggested you leave the firmware issue to one side and download/install the PC software and test the GS911 via USB connection

michaelnel

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2016, 01:33:25 PM »
Which I have done.  The PC software was downloaded and installed, as was the Android version, and they both work via USB and wireless.  Only the firmware upgrade fails, consistently.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2016, 01:44:57 PM »
Which I have done.  The PC software was downloaded and installed, as was the Android version, and they both work via USB and wireless.  Only the firmware upgrade fails, consistently.
OK, thank you, that is the info I was looking for, Hexcode will address the firmware upgrade issue, in the mean time you have the PC diagnostics capability