Author Topic: Problem updating GS-911WIFi  (Read 21459 times)

Leghorn

Problem updating GS-911WIFi
« on: April 10, 2016, 03:35:25 PM »
I've downloaded the GS-911 wifi utility and every time I "Check for Updates," I get only an hour glass that stays put.  The only way to get out of the hour-glass loop is to restart the computer.  So far I've tried uninstalling the utility, but reinstallation of the utility does not help.  My current version is V1510.3, so I am not up to date.  What am I doing wrong?

ResQU

Re: Problem updating GS-911WIFi
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 12:14:57 AM »
I'm having the same issue.... maybe they are updating their server..

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 03:29:21 AM »
Leghorn, is that a brand new unit ? and what is the PC you are using ?, windows version etc ?

Leghorn

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 12:28:18 PM »
You may be correct that the GS-911 server was unavailable.  After multiple uninstalls, downloads, and reinstallations, I was finally able to update my device.  Usually, when I have such problems, the error is Operator Error  :o  This time, I was never able to figure out what went wrong -- it wasn't working, then it was working.

For information, I was on a Windows 7 Pro laptop, using Windows Explorer and Chrome browsers.  Under Windows Explorer, I also tried operating as Administrator, under which I was eventually successful.

Thanks for the replies.

Leghorn

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 02:03:24 PM »
http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-k1600-maintenance-do-yourself/118330-gs-911-wifi%3B-utility-cannot-find-server.html

Looks like it was a system-wide problem for a time yesterday.  How about a heads-up next time!   ???

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 02:26:43 PM »
http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-k1600-maintenance-do-yourself/118330-gs-911-wifi%3B-utility-cannot-find-server.html

Looks like it was a system-wide problem for a time yesterday.  How about a heads-up next time!   ???

Take care there, rumours are not fact, I was using cloud services quite a bit over the week end without problems so the thought that any outage was a planned outage is assumption only and if it was some parts of the world only then it was not Hexcode but carrier problems and if there were carrier problems no one can give a "heads up". After 40 years of working with on line and international telecoms systems the one thing I have learnt is dont make assumptions.

michaelnel

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 06:17:04 PM »
I have a new GS911 WiFi that I received from The Beemershop a couple days ago.  Just this morning I got around to hooking it up, installing the computer software, etc..

Problem is, it tells me there is a firmware update available, and I choose to install it, and it sits there literally for HOURS displaying a popup message that says "Firmware upgrade in progress, do not unplug the interface".

I have tried several times.  Yes, I have unplugged the interface. It never progresses beyond the above message.  The left green light is blinking slowly, the right one is on steady.

How long should this take?  I have updated the OS on my computer in a lot less time than this is taking.

ldivis

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 07:08:08 PM »
Hello.
I have the same problem: Firmware upgrade in progress........

The second problem is that Downloader-1601.1.exe contains the pattern of TR/ATRAPS.Gen5(Cloud) and is blocked by Avira. I hope someone from developers will check it as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:19:36 PM by ldivis »

michaelnel

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 08:12:19 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  Did you report this bug to the devs?  Posting it here won't likely accomplish that.

michaelnel

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 09:34:15 PM »
Well at least it is changing.  Instead of hanging, now it gives a quick server 400 error and says the server is not reachable.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 03:29:30 AM »
Hello.
I have the same problem: Firmware upgrade in progress........

The second problem is that Downloader-1601.1.exe contains the pattern of TR/ATRAPS.Gen5(Cloud) and is blocked by Avira. I hope someone from developers will check it as soon as possible.

The false positive from Avira should be reported to Avira, virus companies usually deal with false positives reasonably quickly

Re the download problem, you should open a support ticket with Hexcode and contact the reseller you purchased from

I have a new GS911 WiFi that I received from The Beemershop a couple days ago.  Just this morning I got around to hooking it up, installing the computer software, etc..

Problem is, it tells me there is a firmware update available, and I choose to install it, and it sits there literally for HOURS displaying a popup message that says "Firmware upgrade in progress, do not unplug the interface".

I have tried several times.  Yes, I have unplugged the interface. It never progresses beyond the above message.  The left green light is blinking slowly, the right one is on steady.

How long should this take?  I have updated the OS on my computer in a lot less time than this is taking.

You should open a support ticket with Hexcode and contact Beemershop

Hexcode Help desk is on the contact page  http://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1

michaelnel

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 04:41:15 AM »
I have done both.

ldivis

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 12:12:03 PM »
The problem with update continues I am affraid.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 12:40:47 PM »
The problem with update continues I am affraid.

Have you logged a support ticket and contacted the place you purchased the GS911 from ?

ldivis

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 01:30:40 PM »
I have done it. Without answer in that moment.