Author Topic: Step by Step Instructions on setting up wifi  (Read 9989 times)

Gunnert

Step by Step Instructions on setting up wifi
« on: April 10, 2016, 12:26:57 PM »
The Hex code website is very confusing and not user friendly for me. Can anyone post a simple step by step procedure for connecting and using GS911wifi with an iPhone?

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Step by Step Instructions on setting up wifi
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 03:38:47 AM »
There are quite a few steps involved in a manual set up but you have not mentioned whether you have gone to the Apple App Store and downloaded the WiFi utility. That is the first step. After that it is setting up the GS911 to access the iPhone WiFi hot spot

Gunnert

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 12:20:49 PM »
Yes, I've downloaded the app and connected to GS911wifi via the iPhone... but it's hit and miss trying to connect the two... Never connects the same way twice, e.g. I have to disable/enable wifi, hit the red button, etc...

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 02:39:17 PM »
I was looking at quite a recent iPhone set up recently and I was not too impressed with a few things on it in terms of what devices were connected and looking at the details. I would connect the GS911, use the browser to log into the GS911 and ensure the GS911 could see the internet and then go into the network setup on the GS911 and save the iPhone WiFi configuration. That way the GS911 will go to the last network config used first and if it was available connect automatically. It also allows you to use the network button on the GS911 to swap from P2P and network mode easily.

On my own GS911 it has quite a few different network configurations saved for the different locations I use it.

I would also make sure I had given the iPhone a good name so the GS911 did not attempt to connect to everyone else's iPhone