Author Topic: GS911 won't find my wireless network  (Read 11456 times)

ultra54

GS911 won't find my wireless network
« on: April 03, 2016, 03:20:03 AM »
  Windows 10 desktop, gs unit works via usb but will not discover my nor any network. When I scan it just sits there spinning it's wheels. All other devices see the network. Actiontec r1000h modem.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: GS911 won't find my wireless network
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 02:57:07 AM »
There are 2 things you can do to check the GS911

1/ Use a mobile or tablet to connect to the GS911 in Device to Device mode and see it it can detect your WiFi network
2/ Manually enter the SSID and pass key for your network and see if it will connect

If neither of the above works then lodge a support ticket with Hexcode

ultra54

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 02:52:37 AM »
 Thanks for the response. When I switch to device to device mode and search for network on my iPad I see a network call GS911 along with my home network. Is this what you mean by the following because I find it confusing what you are asking.
"1/ Use a mobile or tablet to connect to the GS911 in Device to Device mode and see it can detect your WiFi network"
   Secondly, where would I be entering the info manually? Within the utility version 1603.1 I have under wireless is the following:

Wifi Address with a empty box beside it and then a discover box beside that. I attempted to add the ssid followed by the pass key to no avail , that is if I understand you correctly. It would seem odd to enter it there though as I wouldn't know if the order it is entered or the spacing etc as it is an open field. Not easy to convey these things through text.

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 03:01:29 AM »
Yes when you switch to D2D on the iPad and see the GS911, log into it, it will bring up the menu and select network

Your home network and any others around should be seen and you then select your home network and add the pass phrase etc and save it, there is a button to connect to it. When you hit the connect button it will disconnect the D2D mode connection of course

If you dont see your home network there is a button to manually set up a network and you can enter your home network SSID and pass phrase, save it and use the connect button to see if the GS911 connects

ultra54

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 02:22:48 AM »
 That did it!! I would have never got it as the instruction make no mention of the process you described. It did an update also. Is that a firmware update or a software update?
 Thanks, Jack

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 02:48:56 AM »
Good to hear you are up and running. It was a firmware update, PC software updates are done the traditional way of downloading and running the installer