Author Topic: ABS status pressure reading  (Read 8006 times)

winkeldc

ABS status pressure reading
« on: March 13, 2016, 05:01:14 PM »
I recently installed a freshly repaired abs module and bled the system.  After getting the air out, I looked at the abs status in the application and the "rear wheel control circuit" mbar reading was fluctuating between 0/655300 mbar. The "front wheel control circuit" and the "rear wheel wheel circuit" read 400/200 mbar when the brakes were not engaged. That fluctuating number had me concerned because as I understand it, the "rear wheel control circuit" represents the pressure in the system from the abs module to the rear caliper (so the integrated part of the system) and the "rear wheel wheel circuit" refers to the pressure in the rear caliper (representing the isolated rear brake system). 

Both brakes seem fine, I have solid feeling in the lever and I ran the abs bleed test a few more times after not getting anymore bubbles from the bleed lines.  When I hooked the gs-911 to another r1200r bike, the "rear wheel control circuit" measured 0 mbar at rest.  The fluctuation between 0/655300 mbar on my bike kind of raised a red flag.  Has anyone encountered this before?

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
Re: ABS status pressure reading
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 05:57:37 PM »
I recently installed a freshly repaired abs module and bled the system.  After getting the air out, I looked at the abs status in the application and the "rear wheel control circuit" mbar reading was fluctuating between 0/655300 mbar. The "front wheel control circuit" and the "rear wheel wheel circuit" read 400/200 mbar when the brakes were not engaged. That fluctuating number had me concerned because as I understand it, the "rear wheel control circuit" represents the pressure in the system from the abs module to the rear caliper (so the integrated part of the system) and the "rear wheel wheel circuit" refers to the pressure in the rear caliper (representing the isolated rear brake system). 

Both brakes seem fine, I have solid feeling in the lever and I ran the abs bleed test a few more times after not getting anymore bubbles from the bleed lines.  When I hooked the gs-911 to another r1200r bike, the "rear wheel control circuit" measured 0 mbar at rest.  The fluctuation between 0/655300 mbar on my bike kind of raised a red flag.  Has anyone encountered this before?

The rear wheel control circuit is the part from the brake pedal to the ABS pump.  The wheel circuit is from the pump to the caliper.

Yes, it indicates one of your pressure sensors is going south.  Common problem.

winkeldc

Re: ABS status pressure reading
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 01:36:38 PM »
Thanks. I hadn't thought of that, but that makes sense.