Author Topic: Blackberry versus Android  (Read 7141 times)

PWe

Blackberry versus Android
« on: December 29, 2015, 06:28:21 PM »
Hi, new here. Eagerly anticipating the arrival of a new GS-911Blu. The idea of hooking up without wires and being able to use a phone rather than a PC convinced me to spend a few extra ££. But I have a couple of questions if anyone wouldn't mind  giving a little advice.
-Is there much difference between the Android app and the Blackberry. I have an old (compatible) blackberry but I'm wondering if the screen will be too small.
-I'm guessing the mobile app will just show / reset fault codes, I've not found any screen shots as yet.
-And finally, can bluetooth be used to connect to the main PC application?

Probably basic questions I know but I've not found the answers on the website so far. My apologies if I've just not looked deep enough.
Thanks

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Blackberry versus Android
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 02:43:01 AM »
Dont know about the Blackberry but the GS911 will do real time logging via the bluetooth interface, I have logs from a couple of GS owners and it worked well

PWe

Re: Blackberry versus Android
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 11:49:06 AM »
The Blackberry has always had a fiddly UI so I've pushed the boat out and ordered an Android phone for the vast amount of £20!
Its low end (Vodafone Smart First 6) but new and operates on Android 4.4. Needing it only for the GS-911 and maybe an odd rare  voice call I don't think I can go wrong, if it doesn't work well I shall bin it.