Author Topic: GS-911 V1511 (November) software updates available  (Read 10284 times)

kobus

• Beta testers
    • GS-911
GS-911 V1511 (November) software updates available
« on: December 01, 2015, 09:53:27 AM »
Hi All

GS-911 V1511.2 is available for download as well as software upgrades for the GS-911wifi interfaces.

Note that starting from this Release version we will no longer make "Beta" versions of the PC software available - instead we will increase the update frequency of the Release versions. This is to avoid confusion, simplify our function chart and bring it in line with the GS-911wifi web interface release strategy where we do not have "Beta" versions either. GS-911 V1510.2 Beta is the last Beta version that was made available and should now be replaced by this Release version.

The major change in this release is added cloud service functionality for K24 models.

Read the news item on our website for the full change list and some screenshots.

We've had some reports that AVG is lately marking our new software releases as a virus - this is a long standing issue with low volume software vendors (like us - our user count is in the thousands - not millions  :o). You can read a bit more about it here. If you run into this problem just add it as an exception and notify your AV vendor that it is a false positive. You can check that the digital signature on the installer and .exe is valid and signed by us to verify that it is safe.

Thank you.
Kobus
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 02:01:07 PM by Francois Cilliers »
---
R1200GS Adventure (personal weapon of choice)
... and then the company fleet.

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: GS-911 V1511 (November) software updates available
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 12:19:10 PM »
Ah the phantom from yesterday is real after all  ;D, will give it a run

There is already a report of it being slow to bring up the interface in the Nuda thread

http://forum.hexcode.co.za/forum/index.php?topic=783.new;topicseen#new

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: GS-911 V1511 (November) software updates available
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 02:36:07 PM »
OK, downloaded it without problems and did an install/test into 660GS of WiFi (B) and PC App on Win10, all ran well, generated a fault and it saw it, tested some components, autoscans etc. All response/loading times seemed good to me but that was a clean install, no previous versions on the test system, feel the WiFi interface is getting crisper as we go forward

The Win10 default WiFi app is a bit of a dog and took a fair while to pop up all the networks it could see but the M$ print to pdf worked well, in terms of emailing a file W10 pops up and asks me to select a mail program/on line service which is nice and I did not adjust any USB settings

Having said two things nice about Win10 I will go and wash my mouth out with soap  ;D