Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Software install error
« Last post by WayneC on June 17, 2018, 03:25:51 AM »
It would help to know which GS911 software (WiFi utility or PC App) and which version you are trying to install

I would suggest however lodging a support ticket with Hexcode https://www.hexcode.co.za/contact-us-1
General Discussion / Software install error
« Last post by GS911User3.14 on June 16, 2018, 10:35:43 PM »
Trying to install the software on a new Windows 10 Enterprise machine and getting a "Internal Protection Error, please contact to author" (sic) popup. 

Any suggestions?
Pre-Sales Support / Re: Windows vs Android (mobile) functionality
« Last post by Joakim on June 15, 2018, 03:27:33 PM »
Ah, of course.
Thank you both.
« Last post by Mornay on June 15, 2018, 10:30:27 AM »
What schuppi said.

And on a more practical level, you can see the differences on our function chart, navigating to a controller that you know is fitted on your bike, and seeing what functionality is supported on the PC app vs the web interface.

For example, the IABS controller has a few differences:

http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/iabs
« Last post by schuppi on June 15, 2018, 10:25:13 AM »
Hello and welcome

While searching the FAQ , I found this for you!
The major difference between the PC Application and the Wifi Utility is that the PC App is used primarily for performing diagnostics and the Wifi Utility is used primarily to configure the GS911 device.

The PC application only works on a Windows based platform. This can be a laptop, PC or even a Windows virtual machine. All emergency and service-level functionality is built into the PC application, which means no internet connectivity is required when performing these actions.

The WiFi utility is supported on Mac and Windows and can be used to configure the Wifi configuration, update the firmware and locate the GS911 device on a network to launch a browser to. For emergency functionality is uses the built in web browser of the GS911 device but utilizes our cloud server to perform service functions on the bike. This means that when using the WiFi utility for service functions, a stable internet connection is required, either though a router connected to the internet or a mobile hotspot.

Both the PC Application and the Web front-end used through the Wifi Utility thus provide the ability to capture real-time data, read and clear fault codes, perform service functionality and send us logs. Both WiFi and USB cable can be used on both applications to connect to the GS-911wifi interface.

Also have a look at the software comparison table here
http://www.hexcode.co.za/products/gs-911/support/faq/whats-the-difference-between-the-pc-app-and-the-wifi-utility

Pre-Sales Support / Windows vs Android (mobile) functionality
« Last post by Joakim on June 14, 2018, 08:54:34 PM »
So, I’m new but I’ve heard there is some functionality missing in the mobile/android interface, however I don't know what.
Any helpful soul out there who could enlighten me?
General Discussion / Re: How/Where do you store your GS-911 ?
« Last post by Dann on June 13, 2018, 05:12:39 PM »
I have the Wi-Fi one.
I comes with it's storage case and I keep it under the seat in the recessed area behind the pillion seat.
General Discussion / Re: How/Where do you store your GS-911 ?
« Last post by Schuberth on June 12, 2018, 10:58:31 AM »
In it's original storage box inside the tank bag, wherever I go, it goes  8)
General Discussion / Re: What does "Logistic(Healing) count: 39" mean?
« Last post by hefy_jefy on June 11, 2018, 07:19:39 PM »
OK!  Thanks I did notice that the last time I looked the count had decreased,  I have GS-911 with me on this ride so I will keep an eye on it.  Feeling fairly confident that this was a one-off glitch.
Geoff
General Discussion / Re: What does "Logistic(Healing) count: 39" mean?
« Last post by Francois Cilliers on June 11, 2018, 05:54:03 PM »
Most of the information in a fault code readout are self explanatory, reading fault codes I see this line:
Logistic(Healing) count : 39
What does it mean?

Here's the full message:

21F520 : Electric fuel pump, short circuit to ground
Currently present : NO
Engine warning light (MIL) : NO
Frequency count : 1
Logistic(Healing) count : 39
.Fault Code History :
...Record number : 1
...Odometer : 50516.7 mls
...ABS time : 5360160
...Engine speed : 0.0 rpm
...Vehicle speed : 1.2 mls/h
...Battery voltage : 11.91 V
...Electric fuel pump voltage : 11.23 V

Geoff

The healing counter is used by the bike to automatically clear the fault when that value reaches zero. The value is decremented for every trip that the same fault is not triggered, and it is reset to its maximum value every time that the fault is triggered. It seems that maximum value is typically 40 on the BMW bikes, but could be different for individual controllers.

In other words, if the fault is not triggered again for 40 consecutive trips, the bike will clear the fault automatically.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10