Author Topic: Actual I level  (Read 6440 times)

Paul Hoffmann

Actual I level
« on: November 24, 2015, 12:01:21 AM »
Hi
Bike is a 2012 1200GS.
After running an autoscan I noticed the actual I level is "Unknown I-Level: 0x84"
I had the bike checked for updates at the dealer in June and none were found for my bike.
Can anybody help with this - is it normal?
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Paul

WayneC

• Beta testers
Re: Actual I level
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 02:07:06 AM »
An unknown actual iLevel would normally only be reported by GS911 if the iLevel was newer than GS911 was aware of so the first question is which GS911 do you have and which version of software did you perform the Autoscan with ?

Paul Hoffmann

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 09:57:56 AM »
My autoscan report states

GS 911 version:1503.3
Data pack version: 2.0

I have a USB GS 911 purchased last year.

Cheers
Paul
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 09:59:55 AM by Paul Hoffmann »

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 10:38:25 AM »
OK, there is the first problem, the GS911 software should be updated to the 1510.3 beta, it has updated iLevels in it, it also indicates either the dealer did not notice there was an update when you had it in their workshop in June or the Dealer Diags system updated the iLevel only. Personally I would always ask for the operations report when a Dealer does a Service as it tells what they did or did not do in electronic terms. It is these reports which have enabled me to work out a few problems for people

If it still says unknown iLevel with the updated software do an autoscan and submit it to Hexcode in a support ticket

Paul Hoffmann

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 06:32:30 PM »
Hi Wayne
I have updated to the beta version as per your suggestion and hey presto the Actual I Levels are now present in full!!
I have attached the autoscan and wonder if you could explain what the numbers mean i.e. K024-14-02-501 and also when does this beta version become a full release?
Thanks very much for your help.
Cheers
Paul

WayneC

• Beta testers
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 02:35:14 AM »
Paul, good to hear, the explanation of beta and release versions of the GS911 software is on the Hexcode web site but basically there is always a tried and true version then the newer version with an expiry date which has passed all internal/private testing and put out to see if we can break it  before it becomes the release version  ;D It is a good way of doing things as it allows cross checking to ensure there are not bugs introduced into a new version, Plan A/Plan B you might say, I normally have both versions installed and use the beta as first choice

The iLevel (Integration Level) is BMW's way of expressing the overall state of how recent the firmware on a machine is and in typical BMW fashion not very explanatory. K024 is your model series and 14-02-500 indicates the data release version and it is from about Q2 2014, there have been 3 further iLevels after that for the K024 series but as per the advise from your Dealer it seems the updates after K024-14-02-501 were not for your specific model

On each ECU you will see Part No, this is the programmed part number for the ECU and further down on the BMSKP the Program Status and Date Release which is the specific firmware for that ECU