Author Topic: New to everything - how in the do you remove the rev limiter on the S1000XR?  (Read 21738 times)

WayneC

• Beta testers
Who buys something like a GS911 to specifically remove the rev limiter, which is a once off function?  What did you intend to do with the unit once you have removed the limiter?  A rather expensive paperweight?
You could have saved a lot of money by just taking your bike to your nearest BMW dealer and ask them to remove the limiter.

Why should you care about why I bought the GS911.
If you work for the company then all you should care about is that I bought a product from you and that it works as advertised and that I am a happy customer.

ar15moto, neither Jughead or I work for Hexcode, we are both owners like you and we also do some work in the motorcycle industry

Jughead

• Beta testers
    • Dual Sport Motorcycle Clinic
Who buys something like a GS911 to specifically remove the rev limiter, which is a once off function?  What did you intend to do with the unit once you have removed the limiter?  A rather expensive paperweight?
You could have saved a lot of money by just taking your bike to your nearest BMW dealer and ask them to remove the limiter.

Why should you care about why I bought the GS911.
If you work for the company then all you should care about is that I bought a product from you and that it works as advertised and that I am a happy customer.

I don't care why you bought a GS911.

What I do care about is you running a brilliant product down on this forum in your very first post, before you have even asked for assistance or contacted Hexcode directly with the issue.  As you can see, once they are aware of the problem, they do their utmost to resolve it ASAP.

I merely asked why you purchased it in the first place because 1. It does not make economic sense to purchase a GS911 for a once off function, which can be performed by your BMW dealer in a matter of minutes at a fraction of the cost, and 2. You do not appear to have the temperament that is able to handle things that do not go exactly according to your wishes, so why place yourself in that position?   Maybe you just have more money than sense.

I do suspect however that the statement "So I bought this thing to specifically remove the rev limiter" is a little bit of BS.  Maybe your wife found out how much you spent on it and you're looking for an excuse to return it so you can be allowed back into the house!  ;D

ar15moto

What I do care about is you running a brilliant product down on this forum in your very first post, before you have even asked for assistance or contacted Hexcode directly with the issue.  As you can see, once they are aware of the problem, they do their utmost to resolve it ASAP.

I merely asked why you purchased it in the first place because 1. It does not make economic sense to purchase a GS911 for a once off function, which can be performed by your BMW dealer in a matter of minutes at a fraction of the cost, and 2. You do not appear to have the temperament that is able to handle things that do not go exactly according to your wishes, so why place yourself in that position?   Maybe you just have more money than sense.

You do care why I bought the GS911, the very fact that you asked why I bought it confirms that.
As I stated before, you shouldn't care why I bought the product, only that I bought the product.

As far as running the GS911 down, it is what it is.
I bought it expecting it to work.

None of you who responded to me on the forum board offered me any solutions for my problems.
You ignored why I posted and focused on how I said it.
I can't help it if people are not man enough to put up with a few cuss words.

In the end my problem was solved and I now have a product that does what I expected it to do in the first place.

Jughead

• Beta testers

You do care why I bought the GS911, the very fact that you asked why I bought it confirms that.
As I stated before, you shouldn't care why I bought the product, only that I bought the product.

As far as running the GS911 down, it is what it is.
I bought it expecting it to work.

None of you who responded to me on the forum board offered me any solutions for my problems.
You ignored why I posted and focused on how I said it.
I can't help it if people are not man enough to put up with a few cuss words.

In the end my problem was solved and I now have a product that does what I expected it to do in the first place.

No, by your own admission, you now have a very expensive paperweight.  ;D ;D

WayneC

• Beta testers
I cant think of too many other companies/products (if any) where a bug in a beta product is reported and the beta team, the local distributor and the manufacturer all respond, investigate, resolve and release an update within 48 hours, perhaps thanks Hexcode is in order

As Ted Porter indicated "you can see how responsive and supportive the Hexcode team is" and how true it is

Jughead

• Beta testers
[emoji106] Too true, Wayne.

ar15moto

Did either of you two bother to read and comprehend what I wrote when I posted the email from Ted Porter?

This is what I posed:
"Now THIS is what customer service is all about."

Instead of piling on me you could have said "Great, glad that your issue was taken care of. Enjoy your GS911, if you have any questions or want some info or want to share please post up!"

Jughead

• Beta testers
 ::)
Why would I say "Enjoy your GS911"?  How do you "enjoy" a paperweight? ;D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 11:06:46 AM by Jughead »